Rc-Help Trainer Night Flight

Derek

So, we have the RCH Trainer all cut out and mostly assembled. My wife was did a great job cutting out the pieces and she did well with the hot glue gun. We'll be adding the electronics soon. She sounds pretty excited about this plane. It's really looking good. I just hope that we can get a decent day for a maiden flight. I imagine the 20+ mph winds that we've been having lately will just beat the hell out of this plane, lol.

Tony

Staff member
Not as much as you may expect. because it doesn't have an active rudder (my first one didn't anyway) it's a little hard to turn when going with the wind (likes to drop the tail) but other than that, it can handle the wind quite well.

Derek

I did hinge the rudder on this Trainer. Hopefully it will help. I'm just not real use to using a rudder yet....mostly bank and yank. It really looks like a great plane and I'm stoked to get the electronix on it.

BOKI

Sounds like you are a luck guy with your wife interested also! My wife loves to watch & go to airshows also! :lol::twothumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
Using a rudder will come natural for those that fly helicopters since you HAVE to use the rudder on those. Basically what you will do. lets say in a left turn, is give a little left rudder. This will keep the tail from falling in a slow turn and help the plane around. Also, if you put in the dihedral, 7º or so, you can fly this plane with rudder/elevator only. But I have never flown a 3ch before.

dammit, this makes me want to get mine off the ceiling and out in the sky. Just by the force of gravity, my plane has dihedral now lmao.

BOKI

That is a really nice plane & it flies good also! But your a good pilot & it looks easy! Nice video also!:lol: :twothumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Got so much money in helicopters right now maybe by summer I can make one! Sure looks like fun though & really nice plane! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Top Bottom