Rc-Help Trainer Night Flight

Tony

Staff member
I thought I posted this last night, but I guess I only did in the blog. My bad.

Here is the night flight of the Rc-Help Trainer. If you want to read the full writeup on this, please read my latest blog by clicking the blog button above. Otherwise, enjoy the flight. Sorry about the shakey camera girl lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSTR5nZEE3M

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, this was the best the plane has ever flown. I did almost crash it a couple times though lol. the first one was edited out because it was boring but I lost orientation and had to do a loop to save it lol. The second one was left in the video and it was when I did an aileron roll and almost screwed up lol. I was too low and going too slow. I had to give full down elevator just to keep it in the air. Luckily it was able to pull out of it. And there was no wind yet it would fly as slow as I wanted to fly. so when are you going to build another one? :)

Tony

Staff member
I remember you hit a friggin pole lmao. And your trainer from RCH already has a name and I have created a logo for it as well lmao. It's Mothra, DUH hahahahaha

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
HhAhhahahHahahahahaha exactly!! Man that brings back memories of that plane. Dang that thing was a fail cause I didn't build it right. Lol

Tony

Staff member
Well it's time to build it correctly then lol. I'm thinking about doing a build video on it.

Tony

Staff member
I will see what I can do. I may make a new wing for it as well hehe. something faster for those that are bored with a trainer, but still want to fly the same plane hehe.

llommel

I understood you to say you were going to rebuild the wings, thought anyone might be looking for a source for CF rod.

Tony

Staff member
Oh okay lol. with the way the wing is built now (at least with my wing), there is no need for any rod with 3 layers of foam board. It's a lot like plywood being layered and making it stronger. Same with the boxed fuse. I'm trying to keep the plane where you don't have to use anything other than foam board and tongue depressors. Oh, and lots of hot glue lol.

So when are you going to put some lights on yours? lol.

Tony

Staff member
Not "isn't", but "wasn't". This plane no longer exists. I still have the fuse and wing, but the plane has been torn apart. Check out the other threads for the true Rc-Help Trainer. I do still have it, but it's only been in the air once and that is the maiden flight that is shown on video. I need to fly it more.

Derek

Well, as I am typing this comment, my printer is giving me the Trainer plans. Expect some progress soon. After seeing your videos of this plane, i'm thinking this will be great for my wife. She has expressed an interest in flying and she does pretty well on the simulator. Maybe now she'll let me get the DX8. Put the DX8 in my hands and my DX6i in her hands and that sounds like a great afternoon to me.

Tony

Staff member
I think it will do great for her. It's not the slowest flier, but it's really stable and can handle the wind pretty well as you saw in the maiden flight. If you need any help on it, just let me know.

Derek

So, I finally told my wife that this RCH Trainer plane is for her and I did ask that she be a part of the build. She was ecstatic! I have the pattern pieces all cut out and I have plenty of foamboard and I'm pretty sure that I have all the electronix so we are gonna get started on the build tonight when she gets home from work. I'm very happy the she has expressed an interest in flying RC. She will be a great flying-buddy. I wanna take build video segments to show our progress. I'm not sure how she will react to that. She's very happy being the one behind the camera.

Tony

Staff member
Eh, just tell her she will be helping to enforce that females are just as welcome to this hobby as the males. I would really like to have her sign up on here to try and bring more females into the hobby.

As for her being "ecstatic", was that a bit of an over statement? lol.

Top Bottom