General Rc help trainer motor size and speed control

PeachFuzz

Please post here what Kind of foam you used , how heavy it is and wha motor and speed Control you used. Just the frame weight. And I just built it and it is cool but i don't know what size elcteonics

Tony

Staff member
The electronics are in the plans.

I'm running an exceed 2215-1300 motor
cheap 9g servos
30a Proton ESC
10x6 prop
2200mah 20c 3s lipo
OrangeRx
dubro control horns
dubro .047 control rod wire

As for the foamboard, I'm running dollar tree foamboard. It's the lightest you can get or that I have found. I have no idea on weight. I don't have a plane built yet that is only foamboard. My trainer that was in the video (American flag theme) is very heavy cause of the vinyl. When I get the RCH Trainer V3 built, I will see if I can remember to get a AUW on it ready to fly.

Tony

Staff member
If I remember your picture correctly, you have the version 1 of the RCH Trainer. The V3 of that plane is completely redesigned from those plans. New wing, tail feathers, and a new fuselage with servo and battery mounts built into it. Much stronger, shorter, and lighter than the V1 design.

As for other planes, I'm working on a few right now, but I don't know when I will get them out. I'm working on the Edge 540 profile, thinking about an Edge 540 Boxed fuse, an F-22 EDF as well as an F-117 EDF. All are in teh design phase right now and need a LOT of testing to complete. But I should have something other than the RCH TRainer shortly.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, must be thinking about someone elses plane. Lets see, a week ago I think the latest was the V2 with teh new wing and tail. V3 has an all new fuse with inset elevator, servo mounts, battery mount and an easier to align rudder. I just posted it yesterday. Go into the store and download the V3 and let me know what you think.

Top Bottom