Rc-Help Trainer Build Part 9, The Maiden Flight

Tony

Staff member
Here it is, the Maiden Flight of the Rc-Help Trainer. Yes, this is the actual Maiden Flight of this plane. In the video, you can't really see it, but it's pretty tail heavy. If you remember in the setup video I had a hard time getting enough nose weight into the plane for it to fly correctly. Even with it being a little more tail heavy than normal, it was still flying really well.

If you have built this plane, post up a video of you flying it. I would really like to see it.

http://youtu.be/l96yCscATeM

Tony

Staff member
Only if I wanted a hole in the front lol. I would also need to put the wing mounts farther back as well then I would have more holes to fill. I will just add weight to it where I need it. It can handle it lol.

Tony

Staff member
Well if someone were to build one could they move it back?

Yeah you bet you can. That is the great thing about foamies and scratch builds, you can do just about anything to them. However just simply moving the wing will not correct the issue but will help a lot. I may build another one and do just that and see what happens.

Looking very good, Tony. Best set of videos from start to finish that I've seen on any sight. :jaded:

Thanks llommel, that means a lot to me. Means I'm somewhat getting better at making videos lmao. I will see if I can bring more good videos to the forum shortly on different subjects.

Tony

Staff member
I thought about stuffing two 2200's in there in parallel. I would be able to fly for about 25 minutes then hahaha.

Lee

She looks good Tony. Flys better than my funjet :( Nose dived it this morning. CG was good but it went straight up and down hard. I think the nose caused an elevator effect and pitched up. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Adam

Well I just checked track and confirm and my motor and esc will be in today. Now if u remmember u recommended a bigger motor and a smaller prop than yours so i cant wait to see how mine comes out.

Tony

Staff member
No, I suggested the same size motor, but more kv. I have the Alpha 450 and they don't make that one anymore. You have one that I really want to put on it. Right now, it just feels like the plane should have more. Yours should have this "more" lol. and the smaller prop with the same pitch should not only spin faster, but work quite well on that plane. I can't wait to see it.

Adam

Oh you can see mine now and i believe you have done the same thing i had done before lol

Adam

put it in a tree. and I couldn't stop laughing I still am but it flies and flies good

Tony

Staff member
The motor is a little weak, but should work just fine with the 10x6 prop you listed. I would upgrade the ESC to THIS one though for more reliability. And the battery is just fine for this plane. The only other thing is some cheap 9g Servos. You can upgrade to metal gear servos and a faster servo which I suggest, but these will work just fine. I'm running these cheap blue servos on my plane that I was building here in this series and they are fine. They just don't take a crash very well.

Top Bottom