RC-help trainer 2700kv motor

shelly316

Thanks alot , I love flying this bird very much , its my favorite rite now just like how it handles.

lots of thanks to rc-help for the pdf plan

Tony

Staff member
well of course I like it lol. I designed it. I need to take it back out and do some more tuning to it so that I can make it even better. My trainer that you saw in the videos has still only seen the air in the maiden flight video. Been hanging up side down for so long that the dihedral in the wing has more than doubled. Might have to re-make the wing because of it. Hope not, I have a lot of time in that wing...

Adam

very nice flight i think i will have to build another one again and put more time into it and throw some landing gear on it

Tony

Staff member
Making landing gear is actually quite easy. I will see if I can find some time to make a quick video and put some gear on the RCH Trainer so that you guys can do the same.

Tony

Staff member
I will see what I can do. No set time on it as of this point, but it's definitely on the list of things to do. Wow, that list is getting long lol.

Tony

Staff member
It wouldn't be so bad if things would go the way they were supposed to around the house lol. Lets take the time from my last post to this one. I went out to change the wifes oil in her car, and it's nothing but sludge. the engine is toast. Well, maybe toast. No knocking so I may be able to put some cleaner in there and run it up to temp then drain the oil. Should take it all out after a couple times of doing that. But it's crap like this that keeps happening. Every time I think I have time to do something, something else happens. It never fails. I wish it was this hobby that was keeping me this busy, then I would be out there flying with you guys lol.

Tony

Staff member
It's not the best FPV plane since the motor is in the front and in the center. Unless you put the camera on the wing, the prop would be in your video feed.

Tony

Staff member
Another option is to put dual motors on the wings. something like a 60-70g motor spinning about 1000kv with an 8x6 prop would work great though. Then you could use that nice flat nose to put your camera gear on. On top of the nose that is. On the front of the nose where you would normally put the motor, I would put a rounded piece of foam board there to help cut through the wind better. I may have to try this some day.

Top Bottom