Rc-Help Helicopter In The Air Once Again!

Tony

Staff member
I wasn't going to put this helicopter in the air because the space out here is just a bit too small for a heli of this size. However, I couldn't help myself. I had to put it up and see if it still flew.

I was playing with the settings on the engine, but to my surprise, they didn't change much from the last time I flew it. It's by no means tuned in, and with my flying, I don't need full power.

So here is the latest flight of the RCH 600N. And yes, the headache still hit me even though it was out away from me most of the time, but I'm trying to deal with it. Your body can get used to different allergies, why not nitro smoke lol.

Rc Help Helicopter Flight At The New Field! Just Hovering Around! - YouTube

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
looks nice... Now I want a glow heli :eagerness: looks like you have some room if you want to hover farther away, wish you luck with flying!

Tony

Staff member
I get really bored with hovering this thing. That is why when I'm in a hover, I'm moving the heli's tail around just for movement.

idon'tknow!

thats the same way I got with my 500, was kinda frightened of it, if it got to far away; I was just starting to get use to it and started moving around more, than the servos started to go, so haven't flown in months. Hope you can start to have more fun with that bad boy ;)

Tony

Staff member
You know I will. It's a fun heli to fly, I just worry a lot since each crash is like $200 or more.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Kev. It does feel good to be back in the air again even though it's hot as hell out there. But, it's not as hot as it was last year at this time. I really like this 600, just need to tune it in a bit more.

Tony

Staff member
It's not me, it's the heli. It has a drift in the cyclic meaning the swash is not completely level. And with the AR7200BX, you can't trim it out. I will just have to get a swash leveler and level it that way so I know it's right. Maybe one day I will smack this thing around!

idon'tknow!

sounds like my 500 again... servos were cheap so they lost center quick. but I know yours is for another reason.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, mine is because I don't have a proper swash leveler. The swash is very close, but not perfect, and the BX wants perfect lol. Other than that, this helicopter is on rails as you saw in the video.

idon'tknow!

yeah looks great... makes me want a 600... if I could afford one. right now can't even afford a 500.

Tony

Staff member
I love 600's. You just have to have the space to fly it, and deep pockets if you crash a lot lol. Hence why nothing stupid with this one hahaha.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Adam. I REALLY need to get a REAL canopy for this thing and get that cheap POS off there. The canopy is the ONLY non Align part on this heli.

Adam

Ya I spray painted the raptors canopy and it looks better but it was not a good decisiin I think lol

Derek

That was a real good time, Tony! That's the most that I've seen this heli in the air. Well done!

pvolcko

It's not me, it's the heli. It has a drift in the cyclic meaning the swash is not completely level. And with the AR7200BX, you can't trim it out. I will just have to get a swash leveler and level it that way so I know it's right. Maybe one day I will smack this thing around!

There's swash leveling in the setup menu and also cyclic centering in the params menu. Can't use the centering in params to dial out the drift?

Top Bottom