Rc-Help Has Been Updated

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure you noticed, the forum has been updated to a newer version which is, in lack of better words, a 'bit' different.

We have been working on this update for a while now, and we still have quite a while to go, but for now, the forum will work pretty much as it did before. I still have a LOT of work to do on the forum and that will take weeks to complete, if not months, so just bear with me.

If you need some help navigating the site, please make a post letting us know what you need help with and we will be happy to help out.

If you see anything that just seems out of place, please let me know and I will try to get it fixed as soon as possible. Please post these issues in this thread as a reply!

Thank you all for your continued support. This is just phase 1 of a plan that I have been working on for a while now.

RandyDSok

A new forum update... deserves a new nickname/refresh... :D

IE... Something I bet you know... A red highlighted icon for new posts...

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I had changed it on another style version, but it had an update so it reverted. I put it back on. I did it in the Orange color this time though. What do you think?

Tony

Staff member
That is what I was thinking. There is some read on here that i have added, mostly accents like the background on the numbers on multi-page threads and some underlines. I think I need to change those to orange as well. I'm just really trying to NOT put the image files back in.

Tony

Staff member
Went ahead and got rid of the red accents and put them as orange like the other things. I like it better. You all let me know what you think.

Tony

Staff member
So, doing a little more work this morning, and had to add the "necessary evil"... Unlike the old forum, I'm only putting a max of two ads per page for members on this site. Guests get one more at the bottom. I do NOT want this site to be one of "those" sites that make people want to use an ad blocker. I just want to keep it clean and simple, and hopefully, still pay the bills.

Even though I have this server sitting in my closet, I still have bills that I have to pay for the site to run. And this is the reason we have to run ads, in case anyone was wondering.

Tony

Staff member
I have temporarily added the store tab back for logged users only like it was before. I will do more work on the PDF plans at a later date when we get the article section working the way I want it to work. But for now, members can download the PDF plans from the store like they did in the past.

Tony

Staff member
I'm trying, that's for sure. Trying to add some accent color to it since it is very monochrome on here right now. May end up getting another theme to put on here that will take some of that work out of it for me. But, I will have to find one that I like first lol.

Top Bottom