RC Addicts R US!

DAL2855

Banned
Hello my name is Michael Holmes and I'm an RC Helicopter addict! Can't stop building and flying (crashing) these things! LOL!

Karubah

Welcome to RC-Help Michael. This is the place where RC addicts hang out and fuel that addiction and keep it going.lol

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I know I've been here about three months now! Just can't seem to get away from these heli's!

Dirk

I know the feeling mate. I suffer from the same addiction.

Only one way to cure it though............ MORE HELIS!!! :victorious:

there is a formula that I used to live by when I was mountain biking, and it now appears that it is applying to the rc hobbby
n+1=happy
N being the number of rc vehicles I currently own hehe

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah Dirk and Corsair, but my mom starts to get a little upset each time I get a new heli! She's probably gonna freak when she sees how many packages are at the post office tomorrow for delivery! Gonna be like Christmas time! And my new bird isn't even here yet! Probably won't get it until like Thurs or Fri! I hate having to wait!

wolfman76

Hahaha my lady is in same boat have 5 planes 3 of which have a wingspan of 44" or larger 2 are nitro engines 2 quads and 3 helis a 400 450 & 500

DAL2855

Banned
Wolfman, I got a 550 that will be showing up either thurs or Fri! and I got two 450's right now! Actually 3, but the third one is still only about half way together. Need to get it completed too. But probably not since I have the two Align Birds and it is a clone!

wolfman76

All but one of my helis are clones my 400 is a blade brand new never even spooled once isn't all e-flite electronics but still all new was trying to sell it but it feel through... My 500 is a hk500gt but mostly align now has align TT align dfc head MSHbrain controller. And my first bird is an exi 450 with mostly align on it. I have a h quad frame from flightest xrotor spider quad from blueskyrc.com it is what i use for my avatar in forum i run a multiwii copter vr4 Paris board with gps mag compass on it and a Dji naza m with gps use to have a tbs discovery quad all Dji but sold it few months ago i have center plates already cut out for building up to a octo copter just no extra esc's right now.. Lol as you can tell i love to build...

DAL2855

Banned
My 550 coming this week is an HK550GT FBL TT version! Can't wait to get this bird and get started with the build! Putting a YEP 100A ESC, Align BL 600XL Motor on it with Solar D652's on the Cyclics and either a D771 or JR 8700GT on the tail. Haven't decided which one to use for the tail servo yet. And I will have two different FBL controllers, A Tarot ZYX-S and an Align 3G haven't decided which one to use on it yet. One will go on this Jet Ranger build and the other will go on the 550.

Hahaha my Mrs just doesn't like the idea that i'm into rc at all lol
She has issues with money leaving my wallet at the best of times lol
but a few things get done on the sly ;) hahaha

wolfman76

Lmao my lady is exactly the same way she just doesn't get rc and thinks it is only toys... I tell her she is only partly right but i could try to explain it to her till i am blue in the face... Well whatcha gonna do??? Lol

DAL2855

Banned
Yup! That's my mom! Her way of thinking, is if it doesn't make you any money, then you don't need it! Which is hogwash! LOL! You gotta have fun sometime!

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah but I told her just wait until I start competing in the 3D competitions! Then I should be able to start making some money at it!

I'm planning on getting into the multi rotor set up soon to make some money and some awesome videos... just need to get the skill level up first.
I reckon I can get some awesome stuff from the husky racing and mountain biking stuff i've been involved in.
Also some awesome stuff for 4x4 trips away.
already have ideas etc of what I want to do, and how i want to do it.
but to answer an earlier post... I'm going to keep getting more toys, and spend time using my creative energy to build things and have a bit of fun. She can learn how cool they are but how relaxed I become and want to spend time with her cos i'm not there all the time hahaha

DAL2855

Banned
And she saw me on Phoenix the other day and said that it was just a game and there's no other way to learn except by flying the real thing! I was practicing inverted and nose-in and side-in hovers and stuff like that that I will never attempt until I have them down perfect in Phoenix! I tried to explain it to her but she just didn't wanna hear it!

Tony

Staff member
I'm so glad that I have the wife that I have. Just tonight we were talking about what the next move with the forum is going to be. When I'm on the sim, her exact words are "what are you trying to learn now?" lol. And if I say I need something, she will say "hold on and let me check the accounts". If we have the coinage, she will say go ahead. Now, my daughters are bugging the crap out of me to learn how to fly. I just don't have anything they can learn on. They need the mcx, and I don't have one lol. Yup, I will be getting a new toy soon.

Top Bottom