450 Razor 400 rx set up problem

Graham Jones

I could really do with a little help installing the Spectrum AR6210rx into my Razor 400, I am using the Dx6i tx. I followed Tony's brilliant utube video setting up a razor450 but all has not gone well. I have tried various connections, the rudder seems to function correctly. I have connected the forward servo which I think should be the elevator into the elevator socket and the two other servos into the Aileron and Aux sockets. This does not work and leads to diagonal movements of the swash plate when useing the left stick up and down. The only way I have managed to get the pitch working correctly is to plug the forward servo into the aux socket. This then works the swash plate level up and down, down giving lift. However it leaves the cyclic working incorrectly, when in the 12/6 position I get left and right roll. In 9/3 movement I get forward and backward movement. I have tried several mixes in the swash settings +/- settings but nothing seems to resolve this, I would be glad of any help you can offer please? Thanks Graham Jones.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Graham, I have had this issue before, and it takes a bit to figure it out. You are correct, on the Dynam Razor heli's, the front servo is the elevator. It does not matter where you plug the other two in, since you can reverse them later.

What you need to do is plug them in the way they should be, then test it. When you raise the throttle, they should all go up, and vise versa. If the elevator and aileron are reversed, don't worry about it, just worry about the pitch right now. If when you give more collective, all servos go up except the aileron servo, then reverse the aileron. Same goes with the aux and ele.

You will want to do this test and find the 1 servo that is out of sync with the rest of them. If you go up on collective, and all servos go down except the aileron (or any of the others as long as it's just one servo) then reverse that one. Yes, I know it doesn't make sense, just follow me here.

Once you get all of the servos working with each other, now is the time you will go into swash mix. If your pitch (collective) is backwards, then go from +60 to -60. Same for the aileron and elevator.

I hope this helps you out. It took me a while for it to all "click" and make sense. Let me know if you need anything else.

Also, I was quite busy today and couldn't get to your email until now. It appears that you have gotten the password thing figured out. I'm not sure that that "security chip" thing was. I have never seen that before. Let me know if it happens again and get a screen shot for me if you can.

Graham Jones

Hey Graham, I have had this issue before, and it takes a bit to figure it out. You are correct, on the Dynam Razor heli's, the front servo is the elevator. It does not matter where you plug the other two in, since you can reverse them later.

What you need to do is plug them in the way they should be, then test it. When you raise the throttle, they should all go up, and vise versa. If the elevator and aileron are reversed, don't worry about it, just worry about the pitch right now. If when you give more collective, all servos go up except the aileron servo, then reverse the aileron. Same goes with the aux and ele.

You will want to do this test and find the 1 servo that is out of sync with the rest of them. If you go up on collective, and all servos go down except the aileron (or any of the others as long as it's just one servo) then reverse that one. Yes, I know it doesn't make sense, just follow me here.

Once you get all of the servos working with each other, now is the time you will go into swash mix. If your pitch (collective) is backwards, then go from +60 to -60. Same for the aileron and elevator.

I hope this helps you out. It took me a while for it to all "click" and make sense. Let me know if you need anything else.

Also, I was quite busy today and couldn't get to your email until now. It appears that you have gotten the password thing figured out. I'm not sure that that "security chip" thing was. I have never seen that before. Let me know if it happens again and get a screen shot for me if you can.

Thanks for this Tony, sorry but I have only just found it and have mostly been putting off getting the Razor to fly as I have been content to practice my skills on a Blade sr 120. I have been researching the problem including re visiting your video on setting up. I now realise I have to use the reverse to make the front servo work in conjunction with the rear two. Ie all three up together or down together. The problem is slightly compounded in my head because it appears to be the less conventional set up whereby when the swash plate comes down the positive pitch is full on. I will get to it again, I need to remind myself a bit and follow your suggestion above, many thanks Graham Jones.

Tony

Staff member
Actually, when the swash goes down you should have negative pitch, and when it goes up, you should have positive pitch. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Lee

Can't add anything to what Tony said.
Just to simplify it a little.
(1) Reverse the odd servo out.
(2) Change from - to + or + to - any swash mix that is acting in the wrong direction. (Swash tips in the direction of stick movement)

Good luck Graham.

Graham Jones

Hi Tony, I hope you get this message as I posted an earlier one explaining that my Heli is a Century Razor 400 and not a Dynham. I followed your advice and have now got the servo's working correctly. The confusion is compounded by the fact that on this machine the swash works in the opposite way to normal, as the swash comes down the collective increases positive pitch. This is consistent with the stick movement.
Having got a little carried away with my test hops I now need a few new parts but I am confident the primary setup is complete, thanks again Graham J.

Tony

Staff member
Ah okay. When people on here say Razor, Dynam always comes to mind. And having owned one of them makes it even harder lol. I didn't even know the one you have existed lol. Now I do though. Hope you get it repaired soon and back in the air.

Top Bottom