450 Rats! ESC too fat!

trainrider06

Ok I demand that my ESC's stay under the hood so to speak (under the battery mount) personally I hate to have to mount stuff on the outside of my heli's! I know lots do, but I just try and keep it all tucked in.
Well this dang HW ESC is too fat to fit! So I have to try and figure a way to fit it sideways. I think I can, but it'll be mighty close to the motor (about a 1/4 inch or less). Not sure how I'll be able to secure it either, since there are those open spots in the frame....ideas???
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tony

Staff member
I have an idea. Stock align 35a esc. Unless you want to convert the frame to the Dom like I did and keep the 325mm blades and tail. Just a wider frame. And the ar7200bx fits inside the frame as does the ikon.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ok I demand that my ESC's stay under the hood so to speak (under the battery mount) personally I hate to have to mount stuff on the outside of my heli's! I know lots do, but I just try and keep it all tucked in.
Well this dang HW ESC is too fat to fit! So I have to try and figure a way to fit it sideways. I think I can, but it'll be mighty close to the motor (about a 1/4 inch or less). Not sure how I'll be able to secure it either, since there are those open spots in the frame....ideas???
View attachment 16383
View attachment 16384

It will work if you want to put the esc on the inside of the frame, underneath the battery. Don't get me wrong, it's a tight fit but with zip tides and butter Lol it will fit. I had it in my til the old esc was giving me a hard time. Now since I have the new one and the heli is flying fine, I will put it back on the inside again.

trainrider06

It's a HW 50a Tony, can't use my bench stock Doninator frame that's for the Dominator, I decided to just run it on the outside. It was going to be just waaaaaay too crammed in there, and so close to the motor with no real way to secure it like I wanted. Had to extend my power wires about 4 inches though through bullet connectors (I don't care to do that) but they weren't extended too much and used the correct gauge wire, so hopefully no issues. At least the ESC is black so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb!
Hey Ivan what did you plug the rpm sensor wire into??? You have one on the BeastX right?

trainrider06

This is getting to be a real pain! Now have to pull motor and relocate wires to the inside of the frame! Grrrrrr! I am contemplating since I have this Scorpion motor, and since I'm having to rearrange the dang motor wires.....hmmm?
image.jpeg
Ahhh crap don't have a pinion for it....or maybe I do! Gotta look!

image.jpeg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It's a HW 50a Tony, can't use my bench stock Doninator frame that's for the Dominator, I decided to just run it on the outside. It was going to be just waaaaaay too crammed in there, and so close to the motor with no real way to secure it like I wanted. Had to extend my power wires about 4 inches though through bullet connectors (I don't care to do that) but they weren't extended too much and used the correct gauge wire, so hopefully no issues. At least the ESC is black so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb!
Hey Ivan what did you plug the rpm sensor wire into??? You have one on the BeastX right?

Hey Rodney. About that RPM sensor wire, I cheat. I just tuck it away. I have enough to learn as it is Lol. I just use Mels Head-speed calculation chart to get close to the RPM that sounds and feels good to me.

- - - Updated - - -

This is getting to be a real pain! Now have to pull motor and relocate wires to the inside of the frame! Grrrrrr! I am contemplating since I have this Scorpion motor, and since I'm having to rearrange the dang motor wires.....hmmm?
View attachment 16385
Ahhh crap don't have a pinion for it....or maybe I do! Gotta look!

Try this Rodney. Try bending the wires like the letter "S" without crimping them. Use the zip ties to hold the wire in place.

trainrider06

I think I have it now, at least my pre fit looks good on paper lol
I shortened my wire leads to the BeastX, lengthened my power wires, gonna run the power wires inside along with motor wires into the area where the ESC used to set. Then route the power wires out the nose to plug into the battery. I'll take a pic once I'm almost finished so you can see what I mean....
Just finishing up re plugging the ESC lead, and gonna install the EC3 connector then secure the ESC to the frame.

Top Bottom