General Raptor 90 se os max sx engine revs

boz

Hi, I have just got my used raptor running and wondered what would be the revs on tick over? Mine is running at quite high revs, also could any one tell me the best way to plug my servos and gov into my new spectrum ar 8000 receivers channels. I have upgraded the old analogue one as I had to buy a new transmitter dx8. I'm a novice at this so here is the spec I am running
Gy611, governer gv-1, and ar8000, I have not removed any wires from the gyro or gv 1 but have removed all the wires from the old receiver, I can't remember what was plunged into what channel number, also there was 11 , sockets on the old receiver and only 8 on the new one, although on the old one 3 did not have anything plunged into. The governed is showing the revs and gy611 is saying hello when I power up, I've got the throttle, rudder and swashbuckling all working but don't know if they need to be in whitch numbered channel, 1 to 8 , I'm trying to get some pics but only got a smart phone and iPad so can't resize to upload, thanks for looking at this quit long tale of woe, regards boz:poidh:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry not swashbuckling, swash plate, lol

boz

SAM_0011.jpgSAM_0012.jpgSAM_0013.jpg HI, THIS IS WHAT I GOT GOING ON , AS YOU CAN see all the wires are same colours so not easy to work out what is what everything works but im sure it needs a expert eye to help work it out, regards boz

SAM_0010.jpg

SAM_0011.jpg

SAM_0012.jpg

SAM_0013.jpg

boz

SAM_0003.jpg
well i checked all the wires and everything works, so if i plug the power lead into one of the channels ime left with pluging one of the leads into the data channel on the reciever,when i got the raptor there was one wire that was not pluged in, so i have taken everything out and start from scratch if someone can tell me where to start, hope picture gives a good view of layout, all servo wires are same colour, regards boz

SAM_0003.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Dude, sorry for the late reply. Been getting killed here lately.

I can't really see that picture too well, but I know that bottom wire on teh gov is going to go into the THRO port on the Tx. The left servo (when looking at the heli from the rear) is going to go into aux1, the center servo into the ELEV port, the right servo into the AILE port, your 3 wires from the gyro into the RUDD port, and the single wire from teh gyro into the GEAR port. From there, it's just a matter of figuring out what needs to go into Aux 2 and 3 to get the gov to work. You will need use the governor menu on the DX8 for this.

Let me konw if you need any more help or if I didn't help out at all on this current situation lol. I will do my best to help you out. It may just take me some time to get on here and reply. Sorry again.

boz

hi tony, i think i will need more help none of the wires are pluged in at the moment, shall i post another picture of my giro, governer, tx, or can you see whats what from the ones i posted, thanks for looking boz

Tony

Staff member
The issue that I have is I have never seen or wrked with this equipment. Do you happen to have the manual for these?

boz

sorry i dont. it seems like there are more wires than sockets, im sure i will get to the bottom of it eventually, i am hoping to find someone who has flown a setup like this or has knowlage of this setup. thanks for trying tony, regards boz

Heliman450

sorry i dont. it seems like there are more wires than sockets, im sure i will get to the bottom of it eventually, i am hoping to find someone who has flown a setup like this or has knowlage of this setup. thanks for trying tony, regards boz

Hi Boz, surfing around a bit and found your thread. Seems to me a Raptor 90 is some heli to have in the beginners' section. Did you get this all sorted out?

Top Bottom