450 Radius arm help

mousie

Ok I broke a radius arm on my EXI 450.My frame is a pro carbon style but my head is not,I ordered a set of radius arms thinking its a pro and they are bigger than the ones on my chopper and look to have bigger mounting hole.Mine are installed with one self tapping screw going into the plastic arm.What do I have? I thought I seen this sight showing service manuals for many different helies but I do not see any forums for them, am I missing something?

Tony

Staff member
The instruction manuals are located in the articles section. to get there, click on the home tab at the top of the forum, then click on the Instruction Manuals link on the left side. In there you will find what you are looking for. Or, just click the link below.

Rc-Help - Instruction Manuals

What I'm thinking is you have one like Gaba has. It's a Pro frame, but a V2 head. Check out the manual for the V2 and compare the radius arms and let me know.

mousie

The instruction manuals are located in the articles section. to get there, click on the home tab at the top of the forum, then click on the Instruction Manuals link on the left side. In there you will find what you are looking for. Or, just click the link below.

Rc-Help - Instruction Manuals

What I'm thinking is you have one like Gaba has. It's a Pro frame, but a V2 head. Check out the manual for the V2 and compare the radius arms and let me know.

Ok Tony,It looks like I have the V2 head.I looked at the swash plate rods and all three show different lengths for the v2. Do I go off them measurments or use the pro measurements? My servos mount like the pros do.

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure you will use the pro, but it may be different since the swash is different as well as all of the links on the heads. Just start off with stock pro settings and adjust from there.

mousie

I'm pretty sure you will use the pro, but it may be different since the swash is different as well as all of the links on the heads. Just start off with stock pro settings and adjust from there.

Ok Tony, Thanks again.I have been using the pro setup but just wanted to make sure.Great web site you guys do an A+ job!

Tony

Staff member
Thanks mousie, it's much appreciated. If there is anything else that we can help with, just let us know.

Lee

The problem with the EXI 450 is they take parts from the V2 V3 and Pro and mix them all together. For the beginner this leaves them confused as to what there heli actually is.
Any more confusion Mousie, just let us know, and i'll try to help.

mousie

Yea I am starting to realize that.I see the pro uses torque tube and mine uses belt.So the frame is a pro the head is a v2 and the tail is also a v2? What parts are v3?

Lee

In some of the pictures on the website, the tail housing is V3 and in some it's V2???? Difference between the two tails, is the housing on the V2 has 3 cross bars, the V3 only has one.

Top Bottom