1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Spektrum Radio Service!

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by Rikrik51, Mar 17, 2020.

< Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 2) | Jr Pcm10s >
  1. Rikrik51

Rikrik51 Member

General admin
    Hi connected to my recent thread about assault 700 issues has anybody had anything to do with Als hobbies? apparently they do a radio `service` for £30 (that includes return postage) thought it might be worth a try, I have nowhere anywhere near me for support

Kindest regards,

Rick.

2. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Soldier
    Depends on the brand i guess. If its specktrum then send it to them instead. Awesome service, they get a lot of practice, lmao.

If it's an off brand then sure but I would stick to the manufacturer of the radio. That's just me.

3. Rikrik51

Rikrik51 Member

General admin
    Hi that's me being ignorant I didn't realise spektrum did this I will look into it, and it is actually a dx9
    tnx Murankar

4. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Soldier
    I had to send in my DX6 because of a radio module issue. It was still covered under warranty soni had to pay for was shipping to and from.

5. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

I would send it to Spektrum too; unless your like me.
    Between me and my brother we have been able to repair 3 failures in my DX8 over the years...
    The first was a crack that mysteriously appeared in the right side gimble cage. It caused the stick to be pulled all the way down by the tension spring... I know some dummy knocked over the thing, but no one claimed responsibility.. Typical, HA!...…… I used CA glue and bonded the crack perfectly without ceasing the movement, whew!

Next up, I had 2 of those tiny tack tile momentary buttons fail. Both were for the roller clicker mouse controller. I took the unit apart and my brother was able to order a bunch of the switches from one of his parts sources for cheap. I got plenty of spares... We just de-solder the bad one from the PSB and replace it with a new one. However be careful, the conductive prints on the PCB are tiny and can be damaged easily by using to much heat in the soldering process...

Here's another thing I did to ease future service...
    The green ground wire that connects the negative side of the boards to the case and neck strap hanging eyelet was modified so I only had to take the soldering iron to that connection once. Just solder an inch of small wire to the PCB first. Then connect the other side to the wire and insulate it with shrink wrap..

That way when you need to service the unit again, (and you will) you just remove the shrink wrap de-solder it there and leave the PCB alone...
    Wish I could sent more detailed pictures but not at this time, sorry...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020 at 6:21 AM
  6. Rikrik51

Rikrik51 Member

General admin
    Hi if you've seen my other thread kinda running in tandem about ar7200bx set up you'll know it was my fault on the set up anyway, no doubt the tx will need attention at some point, I will pass your tips to my tech guy( a polish friend at work lol)
    So thanks for input
    Regards
    Rick

7. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Glad to help, I wish I could send more pictures of this 0pperation.. I have them but it seems Tony is having problems, sooo,,, ..…….. Remind me some time...………

8. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

The official UK Spektrum service center is LogicRC. I suspect Al's Hobbies send to to them. LogicRc are awesome, they serviced and replaced a gimbal on my old DX18 and shipped it back to me for free. They turned it round in a day too. I cant say enough good things about them.
    Logic RC - All Products

< Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 2) | Jr Pcm10s >