Spektrum Radio Service!

Rikrik51

Hi connected to my recent thread about assault 700 issues has anybody had anything to do with Als hobbies? apparently they do a radio `service` for £30 (that includes return postage) thought it might be worth a try, I have nowhere anywhere near me for support

Kindest regards,

Rick.

murankar

Staff member
Depends on the brand i guess. If its specktrum then send it to them instead. Awesome service, they get a lot of practice, lmao.

If it's an off brand then sure but I would stick to the manufacturer of the radio. That's just me.

Rikrik51

Hi that's me being ignorant I didn't realise spektrum did this I will look into it, and it is actually a dx9
tnx Murankar

murankar

Staff member
I had to send in my DX6 because of a radio module issue. It was still covered under warranty soni had to pay for was shipping to and from.

Rob Lancaster

I would send it to Spektrum too; unless your like me.
Between me and my brother we have been able to repair 3 failures in my DX8 over the years...
The first was a crack that mysteriously appeared in the right side gimble cage. It caused the stick to be pulled all the way down by the tension spring... I know some dummy knocked over the thing, but no one claimed responsibility.. Typical, HA!...…… I used CA glue and bonded the crack perfectly without ceasing the movement, whew!

Next up, I had 2 of those tiny tack tile momentary buttons fail. Both were for the roller clicker mouse controller. I took the unit apart and my brother was able to order a bunch of the switches from one of his parts sources for cheap. I got plenty of spares... We just de-solder the bad one from the PSB and replace it with a new one. However be careful, the conductive prints on the PCB are tiny and can be damaged easily by using to much heat in the soldering process...

Here's another thing I did to ease future service...
The green ground wire that connects the negative side of the boards to the case and neck strap hanging eyelet was modified so I only had to take the soldering iron to that connection once. Just solder an inch of small wire to the PCB first. Then connect the other side to the wire and insulate it with shrink wrap..

That way when you need to service the unit again, (and you will) you just remove the shrink wrap de-solder it there and leave the PCB alone...
Wish I could sent more detailed pictures but not at this time, sorry...

Attachments

• IMG_1514.JPG
    IMG_1514.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Rikrik51

Hi if you've seen my other thread kinda running in tandem about ar7200bx set up you'll know it was my fault on the set up anyway, no doubt the tx will need attention at some point, I will pass your tips to my tech guy( a polish friend at work lol)
So thanks for input
Regards
Rick

Rob Lancaster

Glad to help, I wish I could send more pictures of this 0pperation.. I have them but it seems Tony is having problems, sooo,,, ..…….. Remind me some time...………

Smoggie

The official UK Spektrum service center is LogicRC. I suspect Al's Hobbies send to to them. LogicRc are awesome, they serviced and replaced a gimbal on my old DX18 and shipped it back to me for free. They turned it round in a day too. I cant say enough good things about them.
Logic RC - All Products

Rikrik51

Good to know, for now it`s not such an issue now I have solved my set up issue with the assault heli, hopefully the restrictions will lift soon and I can test fly the thing lol

Top Bottom