Quad QX95 model type?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm getting ready to bind my QX95 to my DX6. :popcorn: I'm already stuck, my DX6 doesn't have quad type so what should I use instead? Should I pick, airplane,helicopter or sailplane?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you Derek. So far so good. I got the quad bind. I have yaw,pitch, roll all going in the right direction. When I go into cleanflight, the motors works but when I'm done and disconnect then try to connect the quad and TX, everything seems to work but the motors. Stuck again :wall:. I'm going to take a break and try again later. Diffidently this is something new to me but interested to learn.

Tony

Staff member
Go into your throttle endpoint menu and raise the number on the low throttle. This will lower the throttle so that the quad will see low stick. All of the DSM Rx quads have this issue.

Also, register your DX6 with spektrum/horizon (can't remember which) and update the airware. The new one will have the quad menu. It's as simple as downloading the file, putting it on the SD card that came with your Tx and popping it in. Then, In system settings, you will go into the SD card menu and select load firmware (I think, it's been a while. I have a video on the DX9 and it should be the same process).

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Go into your throttle endpoint menu and raise the number on the low throttle. This will lower the throttle so that the quad will see low stick. All of the DSM Rx quads have this issue.

Also, register your DX6 with spektrum/horizon (can't remember which) and update the airware. The new one will have the quad menu. It's as simple as downloading the file, putting it on the SD card that came with your Tx and popping it in. Then, In system settings, you will go into the SD card menu and select load firmware (I think, it's been a while. I have a video on the DX9 and it should be the same process).

Thanks Tony. It still not right. I follow your video and got everything the way it suppose to be and still when I disconnect the quad from the computer, shut the quad down, then shut the TX down. Wait a few, then power up the TX follow by the quad. Once power up, I have yaw, pitch and roll but again no motor, armed or disarmed. I'm missing something. I'll walk away again and try back later on this evening. Also I can't find my SD card so airplane mode I'm using.

Tony

Staff member
Any SD card will work. But airplane will work just fine.

Can you upload a picture of your travel adjustment settings?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
On that THR setting, set that 111 to 130 or even higher.

:banana: Your the man Tony. :shocked: I did a test flight and mann that thing is like a humming bird on crack! Cant wait til tomorrow to take it outside. Thanks again. You mention that you installed beta-flight in yours and you like it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:banana: Your the man Tony. :shocked: I did a test flight and mann that thing is like a humming bird on crack! Cant wait til tomorrow to take it outside. Thanks again. You mention that you installed beta-flight in yours and you like it.

I took the blades of to glue them and I notice that the blades have letter's A&B on both front and back blades. Is there a special orders theses blades go on? because when I put the blades on again, glued this time, the quad doesn't want to lift.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, Betaflight is pretty good. Seems a bit more stable than Cleanflight IMO. But Cleanflight will do just fine in most cases.

I'm not sure what is going on unless you got some glue down in the bushings of the motors. If that is the case, then you will need new motors. It's almost impossible to clean these things. But you can try soaking just the tip in acetone (don't get any plastic in the acetone, it will melt). This will remove the glue and hopefully clean out that bushing.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yup, Betaflight is pretty good. Seems a bit more stable than Cleanflight IMO. But Cleanflight will do just fine in most cases.

I'm not sure what is going on unless you got some glue down in the bushings of the motors. If that is the case, then you will need new motors. It's almost impossible to clean these things. But you can try soaking just the tip in acetone (don't get any plastic in the acetone, it will melt). This will remove the glue and hopefully clean out that bushing.

Hey Tony. I don't know what happen but I went through the whole process this morning again and it works. Go figure! Go to go, just waiting on daylight to fly.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
OK, I flew a little guy today and crash :eek1: Broke one motor and one prop. The quad hover very nicely before the crash. After replacing motor and prop now the quad wants to drift left and back. Any way to adjust this problem? I though maybe making sure the motors are vertical would help. Can it be possible to fix this problem through the TX?

Tony

Staff member
There is a way to do it, I just can't get it to work on my quad. It's called ACC Trim. The way you do it is you disarm the quad, raise the throttle all the way up, then use the cyclic stick to trim it out. One flash of the blue light is one click of trim. But I can't get it to work. The way I do it instead is I setup a way to completely level the quad and recalibrate it. I don't move my setup (table) and I test fly it. If it drifts, I shim the table where it needs to be and recalibrate it again. I keep doing this until it doesn't drift anymore.

But how in the hell did you break a motor?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:thinkerg: I'll have to give that ACC trim a try. Now on me braking a motor, I said the same thing,"how in the hell did I break a motor." :popcorn: I was hovering underneath our car port and didn't realize how quick the little booger was and ended over powering into the ceiling of the carport, bounced off of it right to the concrete driveway :waa:. I wont do that again! :werd:

Admiral

I trimmed mine using the Board & Sensor alignment on the Configuration page of Cleanflight.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I trimmed mine using the Board & Sensor alignment on the Configuration page of Cleanflight.[/QUOTE

Thank you Admiral. I know that I have alot to learn and every little information you guys present will help me extremely. I'll have to check Cleanflight board & sensor alignment in configuration also.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello. I had the chance to trim out the quad. Hey Tony, I tried ACC trim on the quad and like you I couldn't get it to work either :no:. Admiral, I went ahead and did like you suggested, board & Sensor alignment in configuration and that worked out very well! :wink: Thank you Admiral for that information. This quad floats like a feather with hands off the TX now.

Top Bottom