Quick reacting X3

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. :secret2: If you notice that I always fly in the same tight area for awhile now. I really don't have much of a choice. Should of seen me flying at the trailer park where we use to live til we bought our house 3yrs ago :rolleyes1:. Of course my risk of a crash is higher then where most of yous fly at like the park, open field and ect... Every once in awhile I get close to things. I have learned how to react real quick in tight situation. Sometimes I win and sometimes gravity and odds are against me and lose. Either way I have fun learning what to do and what not to do and how to react quickly. I made a video of the X3 this morning "450 on the IRL" before the afternoon showers takes over. On 2:16 of the video, there's a quick reaction to almost a crash. I wanted to go up but I had a brain fart :smashfreakB:and started to head downward so up she goes, real quick. If I didn't cut the grass last week, I would of had grass stain on my blades but more like stain my self :bellyroll: In 3:33 of the video....well I was getting to close to the shed and had to quickly react, again. Soon enough I'll be able to go to the park once we pick up our new/used suv on the 3rd. Til then, I will be flying where no man likes to fly, my back yard Lol. MVI 0529 - YouTube

trainrider06

That's some admirable flying there Ivan! And your reflexes were not only quick but correct! Especially the near miss on the shed!
When you get to go to an open area your gonna feel like you just got outta prison! Lol great job man!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Rodney. PRISON, :nono: never been their and never want to go back. Lol. Yeah, :cussing: an open field would be nice.

Damn, nice motor and stick skills.

What blades did you find out work the best on the X3? I "stumbled" across a deal i couldn't pass up and would like to know what the best setup would be for lower headspeed for practicing inverted stunts. Ive read this Heli is very forgiving. Depending on how things work out i will have have tbe X3, 450L, and 450 Pro in the air by this weekend, well maybe not the X3 i have to really, probably need to tear it down and rebuild it since a beginner built it. BUT my plans are to keep my 500, Blade 270, and one of the 3 mentioned above depending on which I think flies best.

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Damn, nice motor and stick skills.

What blades did you find out work the best on the X3? I "stumbled" across a deal i couldn't pass up and would like to know what the best setup would be for lower headspeed for practicing inverted stunts. Ive read this Heli is very forgiving. Depending on how things work out i will have have tbe X3, 450L, and 450 Pro in the air by this weekend, well maybe not the X3 i have to really, probably need to tear it down and rebuild it since a beginner built it. BUT my plans are to keep my 500, Blade 270, and one of the 3 mentioned above depending on which I think flies best.

If I had my choice, I would tear down the X3 and get the tail upgrade [036206] GAUI X3 CNC Integrated Tail Case Assembly Set (for Belt) *UPGRADE* and [216118] GAUI X3 CNC Tail Rotor Grip Assembly if you have the plastic ones. I'm using belt vs TT. The main grips, I kept plastic because I never had a problem with them. The plastic tail assembly is a different story. The motor, most people use the Scorpion motor but I wanted something different so I went with the Xnova motor because it runs cooler. I like the 362mm blades for the floaty feeling and for a dollar more then the 360mm. For the set up I'm using 12T motor pinion but I'm going to drop down to 11T. My throttle curves are straight 75 on Stunt 1, straight 85 on 2. The blade pitch is close to 12.6 degrees. I hope this will give you some idea from my point of view, which probably means nothing Lol. Good luck on your decision and keep us posted.

That helps me out alot. It has 360 blades on it but is stock for the most part. Castle Phoenix Edge that i will utilize the governor with and the smaller Scorpion motor. Not sure about the pinion, it all comes in tomorrow. What do you think your headspeed is at?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That helps me out alot. It has 360 blades on it but is stock for the most part. Castle Phoenix Edge that i will utilize the governor with and the smaller Scorpion motor. Not sure about the pinion, it all comes in tomorrow. What do you think your headspeed is at?

Well I'm using the HW 60a V4 esc and using Mels Head speed calculation chart http://calc.kfmconsulting.se/default.aspx With the 12T some where around 2602/2784 RPM. A little high to me so I'm going to try the 11T which will be around 2201/2355 RPM. That might be to low. I have to play with it to see which one works for me.

Top Bottom