General Quick question...

bigone5500

I recently crashed my 270 CFX and it was a pretty bad crash. I busted two servos and bent the bolt that holds the head on. I'll be replacing a few parts and of those is a linkage from the swash to the blade grip. I have one but the other is missing. I'll be using the one I have to measure and get the new one to the same length.

My question is: would it be beneficial for me to get a digital pitch gauge? Will I really need it for this? I am asking because I have never had to go this far into this heli. I have it torn down pretty far. I even had to take the Rx off so I could get the servos off that were stripped.

Thanks.

Smoggie

If the heli was properly set up before then you should be able to set it up again without a pitch gauge.. having said that though, it would be handy to have one and they are pretty much essential tools which you will use many times in the future, so IMHO you might as well get one.

Admiral

Yes it is always better to have the to have the best tools available, especially as you advance to larger Helicopters.

I normally setup my 180CFX by eye and then double check it when I'm finished with my pitch gauge.

Top Bottom