Quick hello

Hi Guys, just joined and wanted to say hi... I fly helicopters. Currently have a SAB Goblin 570, Trex 550e DFC Pro and a Trex 800 DFC Pro project. Also have mCPx and a Blade 130x RedBull.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Chris, welcome to RCH! You definitely have a great fleet there. Wish mine looked like that lol.

How do you like that redbull? I have the same helicopter that came 'free' with my DX9. I flew it a few times and it is just so under powered. So I don't really do much with it now.

:welcome1:

Hi Tony,
Don't use it the RedBull much to be honest. Don't fly much indoor so has to be really calm day.... underpowered and really twitchy. Probably sell it this spring time. Was novelty at first but compared to what I usually fly it's more of a pain than a pleasure.
FYI.. I spoke to you on live feed last night about flying in the cold.. here's a link to the ice on blades on YouTube.
Ice cold flying - YouTube
Regards
Chris

Tony

Staff member
Wow, that was more ice than I thought it would be. Did it change the flight characteristics of the heli at all?

Tony,
For the 3:30 minutes (reduced battery time) i was up in the air there were no real differences I noticed. I did notice when I tried to land though as I did an auto from about 10 feet and the blades lost head speed quicker so dropped faster which almost caught me out...

Top Bottom