Question about forum rules

Stambo

Hi all
I am a new member here and probably should not rock the boat so soon but I may be one of the few that actually read the forum rules.
Particularly this

All Uploaded Images
All images uploaded to Rc-Help.com whether by uploading directly to the server, or linking to them via photobucket or the like become the property of Rc-Help.com.

This seems to imply that if I link to a video or image that I made my self and own copyright to, it suddenly becomes your property.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section but it did not seem to fit anywhere else.

Tony

Staff member
Hey stambo, and thanks for the question. In the past wr had an issue with members threatening to sue us because we used one of their pictures on facebook. Basically what we mean is if you post pictures here on the forum, you are allowing us the right to use the images as we see fit. I can assure you that we will NEVER sell the pictures and they will be ised for the forum or forum page on facebook. Its just a CYA thing. Hope this makes sense. Let me know if it doesnt.

Stambo

Hi Tony, thanks for the clarification.
May I suggest slightly different wording to make it clearer for everyone.
Perhaps

All Uploaded Images
By uploading images/videos to Rc-Help.com whether by uploading directly to the server, or linking to them via photobucket or the like, you are giving Rc-Help.com permission to reuse said images/videos without recourse or penalty.

Tony

Staff member
That is a good idea. I have been meaning to update the rules, just running short on time here lately. I'm not quite sure why videos are in there as they are not stored on my server. Youtube covers me by wording in their agreement that you give the right to others to embed unless the owner denys embedding.

I will work on this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention once again. When it was written, I was quite pissed off at almost getting sued lmao. The wording in there was the best way to cover my butt in all aspects. But, I will be changing that.

Top Bottom