General Question about equipment.?

Aregorn1

Hey all I'm new to RC and I thought I would ask something about what equipment some of you guys who have been doing this for some time might recommend.
One thing that I could use some help with is putting together my KIT, I have some cash that I have set aside for buying the equipment that I will need, and I am asking around for suggestions of things that;

1. I NEED to have in the Kit.
  2. I Should have.
  3. It Would be nice to have.

Here is a list of the Items that I have now;

Stanley GS15DT (6-Pack) 4-Inch Dual Temp Glue Sticks
Arrow Fastener TR550 Lever Feed Glue Gun
Quik-cure 5min epoxy 9oz
Great Planes RealFlight 6.5 Airplane w/Interlink Mode 2 GPMZ4480
Triangle Alum 45/90 Deg 8 Inch
Du-Bro 230 Mini-Nylon Kwik-Link On 12" 2-56 Rod (5-Pack)
Harry Higley Mini Tap Handle HIGMTH001
Pit Bull CHIDB003 Mini Drill Bit Set Tools Precision Tool Model Car, 21-Piece
Moody Tools 58-0670 6-Piece Slot/Phil/Screw Extractor Combo Reversible Driver Set
Adhesive Technologies 220-11ZIP24 Multi Temp Full Size Glue, 10-Inch, 24-Pack
Du-Bro 107 1/2A Control Horn (2-Pack)
Great Planes Precision Z-Bend Pliers GPMR8025
Mini Tap and Die Set, 14 Piece Set with Box
The New Course (RCPowers.com)
MiG-29 Easybuild PDF (RCPowers.com)
Spektrum DX8 DSMX Transmitter (per-ownedI)

(I just copped the items from the order form so they are rather specific. You don't need to recoment exact modles unless you know that Brand X is one of the better ones.)

For example; Two things that I have read that I should get would be a Watt Meter, and a Servo Tester.

Any suggestions of items that I should get would be really appreciated. I figure that people who have into RC for a while will know what I should really get because I know they will have all, at one time, Said "Man I wish I had a / some "XXXXXXXXXXX". LOL I don't want to get things that I don't really need, and forget things that do need. If you could, when you recommend something put a 1, 2, or 3 in front of it and what I will do is keep track of any suggestions and items. Shoot really the list will be helpful for anyone who is just getting into RC.

Well that is enough on that issue, Thanks for the help, and BTW I really like some of the info that I have gotten here on the site. I followed the directions from one of the videos and connected my DX8 to RealFlight, and WOW, the DX8 works so much better than the InterLink.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Michael

It depends on what aircraft that you ether have or going to get.
In some cases the aircraft that you buy can come 3 quarters built and only a few thing are needed.
Some cases where you are building it from scratch you will need more. Can you give us a little more on ether what you have or are going to buy

Top Bottom