450 Question about converting to DFC

DoninIA

Just started converting a HK450 PRO GT to a DFC flybarless.
My question is, do I need to use digital servos's ?
My FBL controller will be a 3D-H.

After going several rounds with Corona servo's, I have now started using Hitec 64-MG's and am really liking them.
I'd like to stick with them if I could.
(Lesson learned)

I've had my first Heli (HK450 PRO GT FB) up and flying a couple weeks now and I am really enjoying it.
Currently practicing hovering, but the training gear is about to come off.
I had a couple bumps in the road initially, but have a pretty good flyer now.
I've torn that thing down and put it back together enough that I think I could do it with my eyes closed.
I'm guessing I'm preaching to the choir on this one though. :courage:

Don

- - - Updated - - -

The servo's I'm talking about are on the cyclic.
I am using a digital servo on the rudder already.

Don

wolfman76

I'm not to sure but when you go flybarless you should either have all digital or all analog not sure seeing as only analog servos i have are in my eagle 2 trainer nitro plane they came with it

Tony

Staff member
Don, Digital servos will ALWAYS be better than analog. You are going from 50Hz to over 200Hz (meaning analog will center 50 times a second, and digital will center over 200 times a second) so you are going to be much more accurate. The Corona servos are PURE CRAP! I had them on the clone build I did, and they have sense been removed because they had a HUGE deadband where you could not get them to center. Maybe I need to run more voltage to them, not sure. But I vote to go digital.

Read your flybarless controller (3 axis gyro) to see if they require digital servos, that will be the final deciding factor.

Dirk

Hi Don,
Probably better to use digital servos as they are constantly being worked by the gyro and take a bit of hammering.

DoninIA

Thanks Guys !
Digital it is.
So what does everyone recommend for digital servo's ?
I have looked at Hitec 5065's.
I have a Power HD 3668HB ordered for the rudder.
I currently use this on my FB heli rudder and it seems to work ok.

I agree with the Corona's Tony.
I had a struggle just starting out with heli's and the Corona's were the main cause of all my grief.
Never again will I cheap out on the servo's.

Thanks for the input guys !

Don

murankar

Staff member
Hitech is supposed to be a great servo. I use savox which are basically the same servo as the aligns. Tony has stated that the solar servos are ok.

PaulRC

Just started converting a HK450 PRO GT to a DFC flybarless.
My question is, do I need to use digital servos's ?
My FBL controller will be a 3D-H.

After going several rounds with Corona servo's, I have now started using Hitec 64-MG's and am really liking them.
I'd like to stick with them if I could.
(Lesson learned)

I've had my first Heli (HK450 PRO GT FB) up and flying a couple weeks now and I am really enjoying it.
Currently practicing hovering, but the training gear is about to come off.
I had a couple bumps in the road initially, but have a pretty good flyer now.
I've torn that thing down and put it back together enough that I think I could do it with my eyes closed.
I'm guessing I'm preaching to the choir on this one though. :courage:

Don

- - - Updated - - -

The servo's I'm talking about are on the cyclic.
I am using a digital servo on the rudder already.

Don

I'll answer differently from the rest, since I actually use analog servos on FBL. I use HXT900's and I also use HS65MG's for fbl. They are wonderful. :D Make sure you program the fbl controller first, tell it that you want to use analog servos. Once you have programmed them in. Unplug the lipo from the ESC. Then plug in your servos. Same with your tail servo plug that in once you have completed the programming on your BeastX clone. Good Luck!

- - - Updated - - -

P.S I'm now trying out the XGD11MB digital servos. Centering is ok, it's a little bit better, but it's not exactly centered as I would of thought from a digital servo

Slobberdog

I have the ds415m that came with my kit on mine, and have to say they are faultless, super smooth and quick, plus they were designed specifically with that heli installation in mind,

And they are the same price as the hitec's, I know what I would go for.

Top Bottom