Quads Can't Swim :(

Lee

No idea why this happened. Just dropped to the right like a stone.
ESC's fried, motors look ok. And by some miracle the control board stayed dry. I will plug it in tomorrow after a night in the rice bag.
Quad is toast. :( RIP

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Just tested motors. All are working, but one seems slower than the others. Thinking that might have been the issue, but will never know for sure.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
In the end it sounded like turning on of a piston engine plane like f4u or something. Lol

Sorry about the quad man ! Message from god: get your helis out, enugh quading around .. Lol. ;P

Lee

Good news, The control board lives :D. So all i lost was the ESCs and part of the frame.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Please don't take this wrong, but that video was really cool! I'm surprised the camera continued taking footage in the water. Seems like you had some welcome help there. Very cool footage. I'm glad the quad "mostly" survived. It's amazing what a night in the rice bag can do for you! It worked for my son's phone (he was such a nay-sayer ... "It'll never work!" ... after I pulled it out of the bag and it fired up, I said, "I laugh in your face" in my most accurate Inigo Montoya voice! :D).

Lee

The camera is a GoPro, so its waterproof to 90m. Luckily for me a guy saw it in the water. I was in such a panick, i didn't even realize the camera had come off the quad. I was running up the beach ripping the battery off. That would have been so bad if i had lost the camera too. The water never got to my control board cause it was protected by a tupperware box. Although it was open at the bottom, the air pressure kept the water out. Luckily it landed upright or it would have just flooded in.
I have a really nice video i took before this happened, but i'm just waiting to get a chance to upload it.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Yup, GoPro is the way to go :D I wish their 1080p mode would capture at 60fps instead of the 30fps. They do take great video for the size though.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
THat sucks..... I always thought the GoPro was a RC camera, but last week, i saw people skiing with them attached to their helmets.

Top Bottom