DIY Quad Build 2.0

bigone5500

I can report a much better experience with this quad than with the other so far. All I have had an issue with at this point was the Rx not wanting to bind. I alleviated that with the method @Tony mentioned. I have set up betaflight and can now control my motors...but 3 are backwards...LOL!

bigone5500

I used BLHeli konfigurator and my motors are now spinning the right way. It looks like this weekend is up for a maiden flight. Things should be much better now at my little field. My neighbor cut down the two large sweet gum trees that have plagued my flying experience. I have much more room now.

Tony

Staff member
Yes it can. Just set channel 5 to arm/disarm and channel 6 to the modes. The rest is the same. Normal 1 servo 90 swash, heli model and that's about it.

bigone5500

Ok I flew it today. Had to reverse a couple things. Flight modes didn't work so I had an immediate crash. The battery was knocked off and the dipole antenna came loose. Easily fixed. I am working on uploading the short video I took after crashing of course. I am not any good at full acro. Heck, I'm not good at any mode...

This thing flies great.

Tony

Staff member
It takes youtube a little bit to process the video. It will go live at 360p, but soon after, 480, 720 and 1080 will appear. All of them are there now. But very good flight. Now we all just have to pressure you into doing some flips and rolls!!! C'mon man, everyone's doing it!!!

bigone5500

I accidentally did a flip earlier. I burned two more batteries through it. I had to go back into betaflight and setup my modes again as it wouldn't go into horizon mode. Now, it auto levels and if I hold the stick long enough, it will roll over. It's not supposed to do that in horizon mode. I may have more settings jacked up and will look into it later.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, as long as you are not hesitating on the sticks, it should look fluid until you let off to level back out. Then it will snap back to level. Looks unnatural lol. But trust me, seriously, trust me on this. Get some good hard props, use a quad with thick arms, and ONLY fly in ACRO or RATE mode. TRUST ME! Go into your settings and turn OFF the accelerometer in the flight controller. When you start flying helicopters again, you will thank me.

Top Bottom