Videos QAV500 Trees & Wind

Lee

Got a quicky flight in yesterday between rain storms and wind. Played in the trees which was very tricky, cause although in the video, the picture is clear, its a whole other kettle of fish with the view through the FPV camera. Definition is poor and when you point at the sun, everything goes black :eek1:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Great flying bro. It's things like this that make me want to get one more than ever. Put a battery in, put your goggles on and just fly. No tuning, no thinking (really), just flying. Can I trade the 600 in on a quad? hahahahaha.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
That's one of the coolest stuff I've ever seen. What FPV system do you use? May I see a picture of your set-up.

Lee

Thanks mate,
You can see my whole build in the multirotor forum under Lees QAV500 Build.
Flew again today in the trees. Starting to get use to the tight spaces. Getting faster :D I'll upload tomorrow.

Tasajara

Very nice video... Looks like a fun place to fly...
I have got to take mine to the beach this year....
just not let it go swimming.... LOL

Tony

Staff member
Put floats on it and do some fishing... With a QAV500, you can catch a good 15lb bass easy... That would be awesome.

Lee

I just watched the Cajun Heli fest Fishing comp. it was won by a DJI flamewheel 450.

Last edited:

Lee

Another flight in the trees. I'm glad i found this place. There is zero wind in there no matter how strong it is above the trees.

Last edited by a moderator:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Great flying lee. I should have mine up and running soon has I have the energy to put her back together. Finally got all the parts. Had to get bobbins from RC Rotor pro. Got tired of waiting for Tim to get them in. Price wise it's the same. Shipping prices suck though. Oh well!

Lee

I found some bobbins here in Spain, but they are super expensive. I also saw some from Infinity Hobby, cheap. So i might try them if i need some.

Stambo

Wow, awesome bit of flying Lee. How on earth do you not get lost in those trees.
I tried keeping a handle on where you were during the video but every time you turned back toward yourself I was wrong.
Do you have some sort of auto altitude control or is it all seat of the pants style?
I'm just starting FPV and I find myself way up high.
I have a problem judging the distance to the ground and find myself gaining altitude all the time.

Lee

Thanks Stambo,
Its all manual flying. I hate using stabilised modes, they feel so robotic. In manual the QAV feels just like flying a plane. Once you are up high it is difficult to determine whether you are climbing or decending. It just comes with practice, knowing your stick positions.

pvolcko

Hehe, like how it can just mow through any tall weeds in the way. :) Awesome stuff. Thinking it is time to upgrade my quad from 2003 for something new. Can't get many parts for what I have anymore and it is lacking in hover and flight stability compared to today's stuff.

treff

Great vid Lee. If you sped the video up just a little add a touch of mist it would be surreal or is that what you have for breakfast. Nice one.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Lee I got her up and running. Just took her off my lappy. Everything is good there. Now if only the wind would stop blowing so hard! Lol

Lee

I'm thinking to add a sound track fro return of the jedi, with the speeders in the trees.

Top Bottom