Videos QAV500 Testing Gain settings

Lee

There is now a function on the Open Pilot called TXPID which allows you to set the gains on your Multirotor live on the fly. Yesterday we had a 1hr window between the rain and gales to get a couple of test flights in.
Heres a quick edit of those flights. Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
You looked like you had a lot of fun. I think you posted this somewhere, but did you turn a backpack into your ground station?

Lee

No that was Juz. A guy on the OpenPilot forum. The bag on my back carries all my gear though. It has straps for a skateboard that work well for carrying the QAV.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Nice flying Lee! I was hopeing to get some video couple of week ago. I'm thinking my GPS went out to lunch. Has a bad crash bent all my arms and broke 3 props. Hmmm hooked her up the my Lappy and my auto pilot is not active. Called the vender and he said sounds like the GPS broke. Sent everything back to him Monday. It's less than 6 mts. old. So hopefully I Still have warranty on it!

Lee

I just read that in The Lab. Bummer dude. But i have joined you in the QAV500 hospital today. Nothing bad, but i did manage to strip a grub screw out in one of my motors. Tapped out the hole and went to put in a new grub screw and it stripped the allen head and now its stuck in there!!! So i need to drill a new hole like i did in one of the other motors.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I feel for you dude. I have a bell type motor for my h quad that I've been trying to drill out a striped grub screw. Not having any luck at it so I'm ordering a new motor. Hmmm it's one of the screws for the bace. I can't get it seporated.

Tasajara

Nice flying... Lee.. I can't wait to get started on my QAV and later this year I will go to the Gulf Coast and get some beach FPV videos.
Man I want to fly... It has been almost 3 months for me . But I should get to fly this weekend , should be in the mid 60's
So I should get at least one day in. May need a buddy box because it has been so long LOL

Top Bottom