450 Pulsating rpm 450 pro 3gx fbl

Walt

I got my 450 pro out of hibernation and went through all the settings and everything looked good. Took her out to fly the wind finally laid low. Everything was going good till the rpm started Pulsating. I know the batterys are old I have new ones on the way. The other thing is that when I plug the battery in the beeps from the esc are vary faint. Is this a simptom of bad packs?

Derek

I could be a faulting esc, too. I purchased a used esc for my 450 helicopter, a while back. Got it all hooked up and ready. The first spin up was terrible. It had an awful pulsating effect to it. My first thought was the esc was bad. So, I bought a new esc and set the used one aside. Got it all hooked up and no more pulsating.

Walt

Did you upgrade the esc or replace with stock one? Im hoping its just the packs. I have new ones on the way if HK ever dicides to send them. They took my money on 3-18 still waiting. Was your esc beeping vary faintly?

Derek

I bought a used YEP 45amp esc. It gave me fits. I then bought a brand new YEP 45amp esc from Hobby King and no more pulsing. And no, there were no faint beeps. I would plug it in, the "used" esc, and it would beep as normal and then initialize. Then the first couple of spin-ups, the nasty and irregular pulsating was very noticeable. I bought the new one and haven't had an issue.

Now, Im not saying the culprit isn't your batteries. Are your cell voltages balanced?

Tony

Staff member
Pulsing is the Align ESC's way of telling you that it's about to cut power to the motor. This is completely normal with old or discharged batteries. You may want to go into the ESC and lower the cut off voltage. Some of them are set to a high cut off voltage (Low Voltage Cutoff, or LVC) and will pulse as soon as you do a hard pitch pump. Wait to do anything until you get your new packs. If that doesn't fix it, let me know and I will walk you through setting up the ESC. It's pretty simple.

Walt

Im going to wait for my new packs to come before I do anything. Maybe one day thay will get here. Guess I will just have two fire up the Raptor 50 and play with that for now.

Top Bottom