Quad Prop Test

Tasajara

I did a little prop test...
2 props I tested were:
GemFan 10x4.5
Graupner E-Props 10x5
I used my FPV Quad for the test... I flew both sets of props until my quad did an auto landing when the battery got low.

I found that I could fly 1 min and about a half longer with the Graupner E-Props 10x5 over the GemFan props.
Plus my quad was much quieter. I also noticed how much the GemFan prop would deflect up and down in flight on my GoPro Video. The Graupner props would spin in a very straight line with very little distortion.
The Graupner props do cost 10X more. But I do believe the performance out weighs the cost for me.
If you do use gemfan props make sure when you tighten down the prop not to put stress on the prop blade by resting your thumb on it. Hold close to the hub and you want get a stress crack as I did one time. It caused me to have a crash when the prop broke in mid flight. The way you tell is look for a white line close to the hub it can also just be a bit lighter in color. If you see this I would replace the prop. The line means it has been over stressed and may break. This could happen if you bump the prop on the ground on a bad landing also.

Just a thought that this may help someone sometime.

This is the crash I had from the GemFan prop breaking in flight.
You can also hear how noisy the props are.

Here is what My quad looks like with the Graupner props..
01 Spider FPV Graupner props.JPG02 Spider FPV Graupner props.JPG03 Spider FPV Graupner props.JPG

And with the GemFan Props..

09-FPV Spider Quad copy.jpg

01 Spider FPV Graupner props.JPG

02 Spider FPV Graupner props.JPG

03 Spider FPV Graupner props.JPG

09-FPV Spider Quad copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom