Proof I did it.

murankar

Staff member
Control!!! I almost lost it a couple times. I have the better flight uploading now. I did a brief circuit and piros.

murankar

Staff member
Thank you everyone. Wind was registering 13 mph and gusting at 13 mph on AccuWeather.

I am still uploading battery 3. It is my better flight. I also attempted to go full circle but freaked out.

Its taken almost a year for me to get to this point.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
Great Job Dude! .... how long you been flying for? When you said Piros, I thought you were meaning 3d Flying Piros..... Lol ..... you are doing great. have you got your 4 orientations down sorted comfortably?

if you have .... you can really throw a challenge to all the Heli nuts here..... try getting some height (what ever your comfort level is) and try doing extremely slow Piros..... first clockwise and then settle back into a hover.... then anti clockwise..... you will be a master of the cyclic.

Note: you need to have you bail out manuvours sorted to tail in from all angles :)

So if you are in the nose right way .... you need to slam the rudder left (9 oclock) to spin the tail back to tail in and 3 oclock.... for when you are in the nose left region of manoeuvring.

I am sure you guys all know what you are doing .... I will butt out ..... ha ha..... I am no expert .... Lol

Tony

Staff member
Quite to the contrary Westy, your slow piro is a GREAT idea! I have thought about redoing the how to fly videos and I will put that in there. It's a great way to learn not only collective management to keep the heli at the same altitude, but also great cyclic management and tail control. Along with helping with orientation which IMO is the most important with these helicopters.

Westy

LEGEND
Quite to the contrary Westy, your slow piro is a GREAT idea! I have thought about redoing the how to fly videos and I will put that in there. It's a great way to learn not only collective management to keep the heli at the same altitude, but also great cyclic management and tail control. Along with helping with orientation which IMO is the most important with these helicopters.

Absolutely .... once you master that , hard sports flying is a piece of cake!

We should get every one to put in thier vid.... of the slow Piro.

Clockwise
1. Start Tail in
2. Slowly rotate to nose right and hold for 10 secs
3. Continue to rotate to nose in and hold for 10 secs
4. Continue to nose left and hold for 10 secs
5. rotate to tail in and hold for 10 secs.

then reverse the direction showing the same holding pattern..... should be a good challenge for us all ")

Shall we get a thread going on that one then haha.... I am happy to show how bad I am at it if you are all keen too! haha

Tony

Staff member
Post a video of you doing it and get it started. The only helicopter I have flying right now is the mSR and that would kinda be cheating since it just sits there like a coax lmao. The tail is dead on the mcpx and the 600 is not flying yet.

Westy

LEGEND
Right O ...... If this super windy weather we are having recently drops off .... I will shoot out tomorrow and get some footage and see if I can do it haha.

we will throw down the Challenge Gauntlet .... It will be fun .... or picking up parts haha.

- - - Updated - - -

This is gonna be Fun!

Tony

Staff member
Next, you can get in on the Grass Cutting Thread and the blade scrape thread hehe.

Just waiting for someone to do an Autorotation thread. This forum is fixing to become the most expensive forum lmao.

Westy

LEGEND
LOL ..... there is no way I am risking my 600 on a hair brained inverted hair cutting challenge..... I can hardly go inverted for a few seconds let alone precision grass cutting LOL .... I will leave that to the experts.

I will stick to my rolls and elecator roll outs and my messy Tic Tocs ..... Ha ha .....

murankar

Staff member
Yeah I have that part sorta down as long as I am high enough. I just posted another bid with all three batteries. I had saves during all three packs.

I am currently using the piro to help me get used to seeing the nose. I have had a fear of seeing the nose and I hope to slow down my piros.

I started flying ccpm last March. I spent the first 4 months or so trying to sort out my first gyro. That never happened. I ended up upgrading it. Since then I have progressing faster and now 6 months later I am finally getting it down.

As far as learning I started reading the IRCHA pit crew guide level one guide. It will get you to forward flight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom