Projects Project Drop Box

4Pete2Fly

Here is a project that I needed to do for a special man, my dad who passed away over a year ago. When he was alive we had discussions of spreading some his ashes via air in the wilderness areas of Alberta. It was never mentioned what aircraft was to be used.

Anyway here is what I have come up to accomplish this task and can be used later for flyby passes unloading confetti or sparkles.

First off is to have a box that would fit between the skids and I choose a plastic box that a gyro came in. Using some thin balsa wood for the lid, (Red Green would be happy about this) duct tape for the hinges & added a penny on each for weight to open lids.

picture.jpg

Found a servoless payload release that was hard on the head to figure out how to mount it. I decided on a block of wood to strap the unit on.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Pre drilled all the mount holes needed in the frame.

picture.jpg

After mounting all the components, use of a rubber band from the back frame to the release pin. I released a test run, the rubber was sticky so added a single servo arm which worked better with the release pin.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

The largest cost for this project was the release unit, may revise the box lid later.

Thanks for Looking

Pete :cool:

4Pete2Fly

I just was not happy with the bay doors on this box so I took the original lid and cut it in half. Glued a piece of wood to overlap the center crack and also to hold the other half in place. Again used the very cheap hinges as well pennies inside the lids to help with opening on lighter materials. This looks much cleaner for this project, I think!!

Pete

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

cml001

good luck to you bro... this looks pretty neat... impressive... should work just fine I would think. sorry for your loss.

Top Bottom