ESC Programming Yep Esc

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello, I have a 45a Yep esc and a 60a Yep esc. I know that i can use the programming card on both Esc. My question is, can i use the settings that i have for the 45amp "from Tonys video" to program the 60amp? My blade span is still under 3 feet. Instead of 3s battery, I'm using 6s. Instead of 3700Kv "3s" motor, I'm using 6s 1700Kv motor. Would my P-gain, I-gain, timing and ect will be the same as 45amp or does it change for the 60amp? If it changes,what would be my new settings for the 60amp Yep if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

Tony

Staff member
The settings that i show in the video is a good place to start. There is a calculation to figure out timing but i can't remember it. I will look for it when i get off work.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The settings that i show in the video is a good place to start. There is a calculation to figure out timing but i can't remember it. I will look for it when i get off work.

Thank you again Mr. Tony for your advice. I would like to get that information before i plan to put the bird in the air "No time soon". I had one electrical fire and don't need another one. I have my Tarot 450 to play with til the Gaui X3 is ready.

DavidDutch

just make sure timing and pwm is correct this will be different as the other. Dont know what motor you have. And offcourse put it on 6S (if you are using 6S) on the program card.

Tony

Staff member
For an outrunner motor, start with a mid timing setting. Fly it for 2 minutes and land to check motor temp. If it's hot, lower the timing. Cool to warm, you can go up on timing but if the power is still there, then no need.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
For an outrunner motor, start with a mid timing setting. Fly it for 2 minutes and land to check motor temp. If it's hot, lower the timing. Cool to warm, you can go up on timing but if the power is still there, then no need.

I'm probably going to start off with the 45amp settings, to see what happens "Good starting point you stated" I'm still waiting on batteries so i have time to fiq. out what direction to go.

- - - Updated - - -

just make sure timing and pwm is correct this will be different as the other. Dont know what motor you have. And offcourse put it on 6S (if you are using 6S) on the program card.

My motor is a HK 1700Kv/6s and that's why I'm trying to find out the timing, pwm and any other setting that would change.

DavidDutch

I would start with 18degr. on timing and put it on 10kHz for PWM (11.3 calculated but I Always round it down thats why I dont say 12kHz) this is if it is a 6pole count motor.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I would start with 18degr. on timing and put it on 10kHz for PWM (11.3 calculated but I Always round it down thats why I dont say 12kHz) this is if it is a 6pole count motor.

Hey DavidDutch, Thanks for your information. Sorry but this motor is a 3 pole count motor. So what would those calculation turn out to be? I really appreciate the help RCH.

DavidDutch

can you tell me the type of motor , if it is the NTM 2938 (which I guess) then it is if I am correct mis labeled and it actually is a 6 pole:biggrin1: but to be sure you can count the poles yourself

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
can you tell me the type of motor , if it is the NTM 2938 (which I guess) then it is if I am correct mis labeled and it actually is a 6 pole:biggrin1: but to be sure you can count the poles yourself

DD, your the man:biggrin-new:. You were right. I look it up and it did say 3 pole then i counted my self, 6 was right. Thanks :smile:

Top Bottom