General programing gyros

jmerl

What exactly does programing gyros do and how does it work? I know how to get in the programing mode with my 130x, I just I guess need someone to explain what turning the down or up exactly does for flying. My heli when changing directions wobbles for a second or two. Guy at hh said to turn down the elevator servo. I know how to do it, just trying to understand why, and ehat it does

Lee

The gyro is there to help stabilise the heli.
So when an error (gust of wind) is sensed by the gyro, it will compensate for that and react at a certain speed.
Turning it up or down is changing the sensitivity of the gyro to errors in stability.
So the guy at HH was telling you to turn down the elevator, because you were experiencing wobble due to the elevator gyro overcompensating (overcorrecting)

Hope this helps.

Admiral

Hi Jmerl, This section of supplementary manual should help, you can find the whole thing on the HH website

3-Axis Gyro Menu
To Enter Programming Mode
1. TX on throttle set to high (100%)
2. Plug the flight battery into the helicopter.
3. The Status LED will go solid blue, then there will be a sequence of Red, Green, and Blue Flashing
LED’s
4. The RED LED will now be solid and the status LED will be flashing.
To change between axis use the Elevator stick.
Red LED = Elevator
Green LED = Aileron
Blue LED = Rudder
To change the gain value use the Aileron stick There are ten steps available in either direction, total of 20 gain values for each axis. The highest and lowest values are not high enough or low enough to cause the helicopter not to be flyable. It adjusts the gain in a window we determined was useful to the consumer. Right Aileron increases the gain, the LED lights will start flashing faster. Left Aileron decreases the gain, the LED lights will start flashing slower. When the Axis LED is solid that is default value (neutral gain). To reset the settings to default Hold right rudder for 5 seconds while in programming mode, there will be a sequence of Red, Green and Blue flashing LED’s to signify the default settings have been applied. Rudder value must be at 100% travel for this to occur. To exit the menu. Simply just unplug the battery. Set the throttle to low throttle or throttle hold and re-plug in the battery.

jmerl

That was very helpful. How do you know (by the way the heli is flying) to determine which gyro to adjust? Elevator vs aileron or rudder?

Slobberdog

Elevator gain will make the heli nod
aileron gain will make the heli shake side to side
Rudder gain will wag its tail

What you have described also sounds like you may need to clean the cyclic servos,

Top Bottom