ESC Programing an esc.

Lee

Would you rather kill the battery or kill the quad when it hits low cut off? Set it to Nixx setting and use a buzzer set to 3.5V then you will never run the battery down and you will never have you quad drop from the sky when the low voltage cut off kicks in.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
With my NAZA I have two levels of battery protection. First the warming light will flash at a set voltage. Next it will land itself before cutting off.

Lee

The Naza is a great bit of kit. Not the case with low priced units. I have watched Kiofs do a self landing. Very impressive.

Tony

Staff member
Would you rather kill the battery or kill the quad when it hits low cut off? Set it to Nixx setting and use a buzzer set to 3.5V then you will never run the battery down and you will never have you quad drop from the sky when the low voltage cut off kicks in.

I thought that was what I said? If not, that is what I meant. Just don't fly PAST the warning or risk of damage will result.

WyDiablo

In this video do you have all 4 esc's soldered to the bottom plate? I"m kinda lost on exactly how to do this for the esc's. I"m about to order a quad either (F450, QAV or TBS). Would like to build one myself but they are not like a ccpm helicopter so thats why I"m lost at this process. And if I use that multicable connector I would be really lost lol.

Thanks

Tasajara

It was not my video lol....
Some ppl use power dist. boards and I just solder them together.
Your better quads have that built into the bottom plate.

These are just a few I have built/building.

28 - xRotor IFrame.JPG28.JPG15 - QAV500.JPG04-FPV Spider Quad.JPG

15 - QAV500.JPG

04-FPV Spider Quad.JPG

28 - xRotor IFrame.JPG

28.JPG

Tasajara

I never do my esc's individually I always do them all together. That way they all see the same stick movement
no chance for any of them to be different. But if you do them one at a time make sure all stick movements are identical.
I made one of these cables to do mine. But I would have bought this one if it was available 2 years ago.

Speed Controller Calibration Cable Multi-Rotor (1 to 8 motors)

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Two schools of thought on this. I've done it both ways. I had better luck programming them individually.

WyDiablo

So lets see if I can get this straight. I solder 4 esc's to the bottom plate of the F450 and then I connect the esc's to the programming cable above. And i have th TX binded to the rx with power connected to the rx. I turn the tx on and move the throddle to full and after the beeps I pull throddle to low stick. Correct?

Tasajara

Close to being right.... You power up the Transmitter first with out power on your Rx.
Put your throttle to full. Then and only then do you power up the Rx. You will hear the power up beep, then the two beeps
and at this time you pull down the throttle to zero. You should have it then. Always do this with out the props on.
And if you use the cable I suggested above you can throttle up at this point to see if all motors spin up at the same time.
For me It is hard to tell if they all have the same end points doing them one by one.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

I have been rattling my brain over how to or the best way to calibate the esc's. But a person never knows all the ins and outs until he starts asking question.

Baz

could i just ask what voltages to set in the naza assistant for first and second level protection
for 3s AND 4s please

WyDiablo

I never use the naza voltage cutoff. I always run my batteries by a cheap simple timer attached to my tx. And after so many minutes fo flying I land and change the battery. I usually run 70 to 80% on my timer.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Easy to figure out. You want about 3.8v loaded for the first warning and 3.6v for the last one. Just multiply by how many cell your running for total volts. I use my cut off all the time. My vu meter is mounted Such has I can see it when I'm flying. If it flashing low volts I land.

Top Bottom