ESC Programing an esc.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi guys! Seeing that I'm a total newbe nitwit when it comes to electric motor setup. These two quads I'm building are my first. When I program the esc, do I need the motors hooked up? Mind you I bought a programing card to program them. And on the quad setups what settings do I use? Timing. Starting, and execedera. Do I use a soft start or normal? So much to learn! Lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
So then they don't have to be hooked up. I know to reverse the motors you just switch around two of the motor wires. I did not see anything in the programmer to reverse the motors. Is there anouther way to do it?

Tasajara

Brake: off
battery type: Ni-xx
Cut off type : Soft
Start Type :Normal
Timing Mode: Middle
Gov: Off

Nicad cutoff will mean you want have the motors cut off around 3 vots per cell.
So use a Lipo Buzzer to let you know wen to land.
That way you will always land under power, unlike a lipo cutoff where you may crash

- - - Updated - - -

Just swap 2 motor leads to reverse the motor.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Brake: off
battery type: Ni-xx
Cut off type : Soft
Start Type :Normal
Timing Mode: Middle
Gov: Off

Nicad cutoff will mean you want have the motors cut off around 3 vots per cell.
So use a Lipo Buzzer to let you know wen to land.
That way you will always land under power, unlike a lipo cutoff where you may crash

- - - Updated - - -

Just swap 2 motor leads to reverse the motor.

Cool I'll work on it tomorrow.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Those are for 3s I'm going to run 4s. I'll search for one tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are for 3s I'm going to run 4s. I'll search for one tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I just found one bought and paid for right here in ny. Lol

Lee

As the connectors are a weak point from motor to esc, most QAV owners are direct soldering the wires together. Just do one at a time, check the motor direction then resolder two if its backwards and heat shrink, then your done. It was a real PITA, and took me forever.
Calibrate each esc individually (high stick low stick) so they are all the same.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well, I still must not have the esc's programed right. I tried to maden today. The front two motors started the rear ones diden't. she flipped over and broke a prop. WHAT AN I DOING WRONG????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

wolfman76

So if i am using a lipo battery i still program the esc battery type as ni-xx? This is my programmer

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yes just like Criag has it above. It works perfect. Tip don't program any music into the esc's. it makes it harder to program the throttle end points. Also program the end points using the esc's pluged into the throttle channel directly into the RX. Program them one at a time! I learned this the hard way myself.

Lee

Just plug one ESc in at a time. Go through the calibration sequence, then unplug it and do the same for each ESC.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Plug an RX battery pack into the programmer. Plug in the esc into the programmer. Plug in your flight pack battery in. The programmer at this point will light up. Go thru the up and down menu right and left till the appropriate lights are light up. Then hit ok. The blue light will blink a few times. Then go on the the next one.

Tony

Staff member
If you use Nixx setting for the battery cut off, MAKE SURE you have a low voltage alarm on there that you can hear. Otherwise, if you run this battery down to the cutoff, it will kill the lipo. This just gives you a little extra battery to bring the quad back for a safe landing instead of it just falling out of the sky.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I told him to use medium for the cut off so he won't kill the battery and he has a battery warning buzzard to go on it!

Top Bottom