450 Programable Led Controller

Rob Lancaster

Hey guys, for those of you that like authentic looking lighting on your aircraft I really like this setup. You use a TV remote set to the Sony code to set the 16 channels on or off. The speed of the flash and strobes can be programed for fast or slow and the strobes can be programed for a single, double or triple flashes. There's even more you can do with this controller!
Oh and yes you can see the LEDs in daylight. And at night; forget about it,,,,WOW super bright!!!!!

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Nice ,they look real bright on the video. Will check that out since I've been deep into the scale thing lately.

Rob Lancaster

That is nice. Wish it was installed on a scale heli!
Yeah, you read my mind.
I'd love to put this setup on a killer scale MD500D. Somewhere in the 550 to 600 range.
The best thing about this LED controller is it can be used on anything. Helicopters, planes, twin tail planes and jets and on and on... >>>>>>

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
I'm not good in taking photos on the computer, still learning at 70 years young. But will get my son in law to do it for me.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi fran11784,

Look forward in getting together with you one day. I earlier looked at you flying your Funky Jet Ranger at Wavy Church field. That's some awesome flying and that's what I enjoy the most about the hobby. Was never into 3D stuff. Will try and learn F3C flying on a smaller scale with my Gartt 450 Pro first. Then and only then I can master it, will think about investing in a 600 or larger bird solely for some serious F3C. I can practice on my computer simulator first knowing that will take a while. But right now I'm a hover and simple flight pattern guy, nothing fancy.

Best regards,

Jim

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Very nice!
How did you set up the tail motor?
Hi Rob,

The helicopter is an old Horizon Hobby Blade SR. When they came out about 10-12 years ago the tail was a brushless motor. The problem was they would burn out quickly and if you're in flight Opps!!!!!!!!! I went thru a lot of motors and crash and burn. To turn in either direction you would increase the collective one way or decrease it the other way. Quite hard to tune and adjust. It never got good reviews from the top hitters in the RC world and being a newbie, I didn't know the difference. But I kept faith with her and as you can see invested some $$$$$ in it. Replaced the plastic main rotor head with a CNC metal one and put the main frame in a CH53 kit I got from a friend in the UK. I'll fly it only for a few minutes on one battery in my back yard. Can't use the city park after dark, lights are from E Flite and marry up very nicely to the system. Now she's more of a static display. My main helicopters are my 450 which I love to death. Both have up graded electronics and mechanics. Blades for all my birds are carbon fiber, got a pair of Tarot black carbon fiber for my Augusta (SWEET!!!!!!!!!). One is belt driven ( that's the one the Augusta A109 is getting). The other Gartt 450 Pro is torque drive that I really like a lot.

Best Regards,

Jim

Rob Lancaster

Howdy again Jim,
I was wondering how the tail was controlled. So it's pitch and linkage control unlike my li'll Blade 130s. Its a fixed pitch and the motor speed varies...
Sounds good,
Rster...

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi Rob,

Yeah, that's how she works. But after re-reading what I said had my signals cross. Should have read "moving collective stick for rotor either right or left would increase/decrease speed of tail motor". Good idea but still had bugs to work out. Their (Horizon Hobby) E-flite 400; 450x & 500x were equip with a tail rotor that used a servo. That's about the time the Spektrum DX6i came out as the primary transmitter for these larger birds. They quit making them and concentrated on smaller size helicopters with better electronics. So that's when I looked into what other large helicopters were available.

Best regards,

Jim

Top Bottom