ESC problem yep esc

norjul

I have a problem with a yep 40amp esc and yep programing card. i have watched tony's vidio lotts of times on how to program, my motor is a typhoon 2215, when i program i get tones when i enter settings, i then disconect from card then connect to 3gs esc arms somtimes but not others. when it has armed i can push throttal forward and motor gives 4 spins then shuts down. my esc light flashes and i get 2 beeps in time with flashes,i have gone over my settings loads of times and each time they are correct, just cannot get why it won't spool up. has any body else had same problem.

Tony

Staff member
This is going to sound stupid, but I have to ask. Sometimes it's the simplest issue that's the cause, so please don't take offence.

Is your flight pack charged up all the way? The ESC could be hitting the LVC (Low Voltage Cutoff) and shutting it down.

Have you checked to make sure your motor spins free. It's going to have some cogging (the clicks that the motor makes when turning it) but the bearings should spin free.

Try going in and setting the spool up to normal, like you would for an airplane. See if it spools up then.

Let us know, If this doesn't solve it, we will try other things.

norjul

This is going to sound stupid, but I have to ask. Sometimes it's the simplest issue that's the cause, so please don't take offence.

Is your flight pack charged up all the way? The ESC could be hitting the LVC (Low Voltage Cutoff) and shutting it down.

Have you checked to make sure your motor spins free. It's going to have some cogging (the clicks that the motor makes when turning it) but the bearings should spin free.

Try going in and setting the spool up to normal, like you would for an airplane. See if it spools up then.

Let us know, If this doesn't solve it, we will try other things.

Hello Tony, gosh no your idea's are good, my batt packs are 11.1x 2.2 amps and they worked ok before i done the reset on card, esc was set at plane fast start before i changed it to heli softstart and it was set to gov on. so i might change it back to what it was set at from the start, then just change one thing at a time then see what happens. yes i will let you know if things go well. thank you.

Tony

Staff member
For an ESC that small, I would turn the governor off. I never had luck with them on a 450 size helicopter. However, Lee is using a YEP 45a on his Warp 360 with governor, and it's working great. I think it just depends on what batch you got. But, he is also running 6s packs as well. So that may have something to do with it.

Lee

2 beeps with flashes is an Under voltage error.
Are you packs quite old?
Is there a damaged/bad solder joint?
Try setting up the ESC again using the default Heli settings without Gov to see if that helps.

1 Beeps/flashes: Incorrect throttle curve for Gov.-Store
Mode
2 Beeps/flashes: Under-voltage identification
3 Beeps/flashes: Temperature rise warning
5 Beeps/flashes: Receiver signals failed
6 Beeps/flashes: start up failed
Any error that happens during flight is given by the ESC
after motor stop (flashing LED and beeps).
In case the ESC reduces power completely because of
low-voltage, critical temperature, receiver signals lost or the
startup failed, the error levels 2,3,5 and 6 will be stored
permanently (crash analysis).
The errors can be cleared by connecting the
ProgCard.

norjul

Thank you guys, i got it sorted out now. I went through set up again and noticed the ten cell light was on, i don't know how it happed because i made sure i did not touch those two buttons, so i took a chance and went down on bottom line of the card and pressed enter, and the light went out so connected back up to 3gx tried the motor and it spooled up. i have set gov to off, soft start is so smooth now. thank you guys for all of your info.

- - - Updated - - -

I like your style tony. gosh so glad you guys are on here.

Top Bottom