450 Problem with 450 TREX Clone spinning to left on throttle up....

flyguyddt

I have a new TREX 450 Clone that spins left when I throttle up quickly. If I start out really slow I can get to hover but then it starts drifting and if I add in throttle it goes left quickly. I have two others that fly fine and I can't figure out what the heck........ Here is the setup;

TREX Clone 450, metal head, tail, carbon fiber body, Carbon fiber blades
Hobby King 50A ESC
4000 Kv motor
9S Metal gear servos
Hobby King Gyro with E-flite digital tail servo. Gyro set with no delay, no limit. Both at far left setting (found this setting suggestion someplace??) supposedly damage to the servo results if you add in delay or limit? Maybe some help with this setting is in order as well..........

I have another one that is almost exactly the same and it drifts a little to the left but this one is worse.

HELP!!

Dave in Utah

Tony

Staff member
Drift usually means either a very cheap or damaged gyro, or your gyro gain is not high enough. Could also be a poor centering servo. As for it spinning when you throttle up fast, even an Align will do that if you set it to "Hard Start". The tail just can't compensate for the torque.

And you will not hurt the gyro in any way, or the servo, by running limit or delay. Delay, all it does is it has a very slight pause once it senses movement before it sends a signal to the tail servo to correct. This can be helpful if you have something like a weird on and off vibration or something. But generally, just keep it on zero or no delay. Limit will limit the overall travel of teh tail servo in the gyro correction. It's up to you whether or not to use this. Most people with piezoelectric gyros just set the end points in their Tx and call it a day.

I hope this helps answer some questions. I have a lot more suggestions, but they all involve buying an Align helicopter lol.

murankar

Staff member
If your new to the site welcome. Tony and a few others, to include myself have been "bit" in one way or another by the clones. Tony and friends will strongly suggest getting the 450 sport super combo because it is the best bang for the buck. Flight characteristics of a true Align can't be cloned, although I am close but still a long shot away. Right now I fly my clone with KBDD head dampeners, higher quality servos and a top shelf esc and motor combo. After all that all I need now is the airframe and I am set.

In the end if you got the cash get the Align 450 sport super combo or the super combo plus.

Top Bottom