450 Presenting.... CHARGER!!! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes.. THE ALIGN BIRDIE IS READY!! ITS BEAUTIFUL!! ;)

and yes! I named it charger.. why ??? I donno.... I like it .. thats why... lol

look at it! and tell me what you think... I put the rc-help.com decal on it.. that looks sweet too... :)

THe setup i have on it.. its 3500KV motor, and 14t pinion on 2200mah batteries... 30C... All wires are tucked in cleanly..almost.. lol... its smooth in the bearings... i checked all of them.. i built it with half frame open.. helped me a lot with the whole setting the electronics and then the harware... and gettings the wires tucked in... I will attache a pic from that too...

I dont know if the pinion is too much.. honestly.. i havent gotten around the calculations yet... I dont know if i will have to change it... shoud i just make my throttle curve lower a little bit? Will that help ??? Suggestions!

maiden will come very soon! :)

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto-1.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo-1.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I know i am excited and nervous.. the esc and motor combo os so smooth.. but everytime i turn it on, I have calibrate esc by going full throttle and coming back down, thats when it initializes. Is that normal? I mean its good cause I know that the esc is going to be calibrated everytime... but just wanna know if thats something that is just align. the servos hitec 65mg are doing pretty awesome too.. :)

hey tr... I am still confused about the pinion size though.. I know i have to do calculations, ( i have been avoiding.. lol), is 14T ok???

also, I am looking for a tail servo for my clone... something 500 size cause i want it to sit in the frame like its supposed in the pro's... I am looking for something cheaper.. like max 10-15bucks.. please let me know! :) .. i might make a thread for it too.. let me know! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
paul dude hurry up.... get your 450 in the air man! what happened.... ?? its been under " Final tweaking: since forever! :)

ok guys here is the equation for my motor... either my BODMAS rules have gone bananas... or there is something wrong here.. donno lol

motor KV 3500
Pinion 14T
Voltage 11.1
Main gear teeth 150
Efficiency - 80 percent

equation from tony's video (3500x11.1/(150/14))x0.8 = ???????? gives me 2901.960 ... is this enough.. i thought 14 t will give me much higher head speed.. in the 3600 's ..

let me know what y'all think !! :)

Last edited:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Gab, the pinion is the same as the stock pinion that comes with the 450, the motor is the same KV as the stock 450m, so you should be good. As for the ESC I'm not sure why it is making you re-program every time you power up unless may be you have your throttle trim set at mid point. If so trim it all the way down to the bottom, also make sure you have the transmitter/receiver channel for the throttle in the correct orientation . When you power it up it should give you some beep codes. count the beep codes and post them in your thread so we can determine how you have the ESC setup. What type of ESC do you have? (you did not say). As for the tail servo I bought a DS520 off of fleabay for about $35.00 I would recommend that or an equivalent. Also, what Gyro are you using?

Tail Servo Specs
Stall torque:1.9kg.cm(4.8V)
2.5kg.cm(6.0V)
Motion speed:0.09sec/60°(4.8V)
0.07sec/60°(6.0V)
Rating voltage DC 4.8-6V
Temperature range:-20°C~+60°C
Dimension:35 x 15 x 29.2mm
Weight:25.9g
1520μs standard band

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, with that calculation, your head speed would be 3627.45. Remember that you need to do the equasion in the inner most bracket first and work your way out. I"m sure the heli can handle that head speed, but that is at 11.1 volts. If you calculate a full battery (12.6v) now you are looking at 4117.64, and that is getting a little dangerous.

Tony

Staff member
actually your math is correct. I forgot to add the effeciency to the equasion. And the max voltage equasion would be 3294.11. From what I see, you should be okay.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
heehee.. ok ... i was reading down.. and got scared.. hahah.. anywaz.. so i am good at headspeed...

now @tr... on the align i am fully align.. ds520 with gp780.... ohh and the esc is align stock.. donno the model.. I do have my trim set at 50 percent on my dx6i.. isnt that the way its supposed to be? ?? i'll put it all the way down... but wouldnt that also mess my centering then ??? i'll check..

i am wanting to put the other servo in my clone.... i have a gy48v on that.. so i am hoping to put a 500 soze.. ds520 indeed is good.. but i am nt willing to spend 35 on the clone anymore... i'll keep it cheap and simple! :) So help me please!! :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
YOu will spend $35 on your first crash, if not more plus the cost of a new servo if you crash because of a cheap servo. I dont know about everyone else, but going cheap has bitten me in the ass one too many times, and I'm done. I'm dropping $20 per servo to put on my plane cause I want it to stay in the air. I dont want a failure that causes me to crash, and/or injure someone because I wanted to save a few bucks. If I can't afford the right equiptment, then it will just stay on the shelf. IMO.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
YOu will spend $35 on your first crash, if not more plus the cost of a new servo if you crash because of a cheap servo. I dont know about everyone else, but going cheap has bitten me in the ass one too many times, and I'm done. I'm dropping $20 per servo to put on my plane cause I want it to stay in the air. I dont want a failure that causes me to crash, and/or injure someone because I wanted to save a few bucks. If I can't afford the right equiptment, then it will just stay on the shelf. IMO.

Exactly what he said... I learned the hard way. And, Your throttle trim has to be all the way down.

Tony

Staff member
Actually, it doesn't have to be as mine is right in the middle as well. But, from other reports that I have read, it does help. So, lower that trim, reset your servos and you should be golden.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
OK GUYS! :) I will try that.. and then, i'll look fr a ds520.... is gy48v good fr now on the clone..??

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
and that would be waiting for about 2-3 mins for it to come at ambient temperature right? does it take any longer?

Tony

Staff member
I usually let it sit for about 5 minutes or so. Going from a 70* house to a 105* outdoor is quite a difference.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
just an update on all this... I ordered a corona servo for 18 bucks from ebay... free shipping.. and then I will be using the gy48V gyro.. THe clone head is installed .. so now the clone is fully pro (not half v2) with tail drive..

As you guys know that my align got stuck in a tree... I lost the inside TT gears, and my main gear to it. But everything else seemed OK.. even the main head block stood up the crash, It lost a pin to the crash but it looks pretty good, and I confirmed that having just one guide pins on it works perfectly fine.. apparently the 90 size helis come stock with one guide pin..

Apart from that, I am looking at two almost ready birds. had to do some work on the clone head, had to get new washout arms, and bearings, I got al align for it. So just the swash and main headblock are left out clones now(out of the stuff that really makes a difference). Its ok.. I'll roll with it.. those are the two most expensive peices lol.. I'll run them clone.. . I am gonna start work on my 250 now. I couldnt work on it this weekend.

Apart from that, I am also looking at a fully setup v2 head as backup... so If something happens to my pro head on the clone ( in a crash), I can always pop this head on and fly... its almost like having a spare heli... heehee (not quite i know, but u know what i mean) :)

hoping the 250 blade grips will get here soon, so I can finaly have everything i need to get it up... I am gonna start work on them tonite..

I'll keep y'all updated... FYI.. align parts are good.. but add them up .. are NOT CHEAP.. YEsterdays LHS round HURT!! ahahahhahahaha .. but i got parts to last me a couple crashes... almost... so its all good! :)

Happy flying you guys!

Top Bottom