General Preparing for a second Flight

concodd

Hi guys, just before I set out on my next flight can someone check my PID in the attached picture. these are the ones that came already set and I have not changed any. could they be adjusted in such a way that my second flight is not as dramatic as the first or are these ok?
The picture would not upload, something to do with the size.
ROLL 40/30/23
PITCH 40/30/23
YAW 85/45/0
LEVEL 20/10/100
Hope that makes sense....Cheers

Tony

Staff member
I have raised the image size limit. If you can, try to upload the file again. I have set the image size to 5MB.

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure! And those PID's look fine to me. Makes more sense in GUI mode lol. If it feels sluggish, raise the P gain. If it oscillates violently then lower the P gain and see how it goes. And as always, let me know how it goes.

concodd

Just going through various youtube videos on PID's and notice that a number of them, have decimal points, for example 3.9 or 4.5 on my picture above you have 45 or 80 etc when I went into my system to play around it would not accept the decimal point. Is my system outdated or not upgraded properly or have they just changed the way they are numbering these things.

Tony

Staff member
That is normal. Some are whole numbers, some have a decimal, some are very small such as 0.00043. If you go into the advanced menu if you have it, that small number will probably be what you see.

concodd

Second flight completed (if you can call it that) more like a yo-yo bouncing up an down, so hard getting the revs right for landing, ither just drops like a stone or shoots skyward. I noticed when I got home that I had lost about 4-5 inch of rx antenna wire. Have about 2 inch remaining, is it posable to solder a piece on? If so, what to use?

concodd

Do you have airmode enabled?
That can cause unpredictable landings.
I purchased mine from gear best as a complete pre made set with transmitter as you can appreciate there is not many knobs and switches on it. I have a choice of angle,horizon or manual. I am on angle.

Top Bottom