Projects Power Question for Extra 300

Aregorn1

I am getting ready to get the electronics for a foamie, it is the Extra 300 from RCPowers and I want to make a change to the plans a little. Tell me what you think. I would like to put "wiglets?" on the ends of the wings, make it a tiny bit tail heavy, and set it up to fly SLLOOWW. I guess you would say "Close" to a 3D but not quite there, if that makes any sense? Here are the questions. Would the "wiglets?" work on stability? How far should the Ailerons, Elevator, and Rudder move? Lastly what should I put in it for Power, (Motor, Esc, Batt, and Prop)

THIS IS THE INFO ON THE PRE-CUT VERSION

• 2208-17 Brushless Motor & 18A ESC Combo
  • GWS 9x5 Propeller
  • 4 x ParkFlyer Servos
  • GraysonHobby 800mAh 11.1V 15C/20C
  • RCPowers Extra 300 Laser Cut Depon Kit
  • RCPowers Extra 300 Airplane accessory bag. (Carbon, pushrods, control horn, and motor mount)

Type: Parkflyer
Motor Class: 400
Length: 36 â€
Wing Span: 35½â€
Total Flying Weight: 12 oz​

I don't know, would the default make it a slow-flyer?

What do you think?
Any help would be great.

Thanks
Michael

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a Pic of the default build.
extra300.png

- - - Updated - - -

By "wiglets?" i mean those vertical plates on the ends of the wings and tail.

extra300.png

Tony

Staff member
I would not put winglets on the elevator, it could mess with your rudder. Winglets on the wings will add in stability of forward flight, and help keep the plane in the air when doing things like knife edges. The items you have above should work fine for a slow setup. If you want to go slower, just don't give as much throttle. YOu can also program out some throttle just in case.

Aregorn1

Thanks Tony, I really need to get and inventory of parts and have them on hand. LOL that way I won't have to keep 'buying' parts and just put them in. I have some cash 'right now' so 'now' is the time to get some stuff stocked up. It's just so hard to pick out what to get, I want to get enough different setups of parts to last me a couple of years {since I might not have the cash later} without buying anything accept stuff like foam, and glue.

Thanks for the help
Michael

Top Bottom