Power Glider Newbie to the forum

I actually began my RC experiences nearly 50 years ago. Back then I had a couple of cars, a sail boat, 2 channel build up slope glider and a couple of ARF foamies powered by .049 glow engines. Well one thing lead to another and I was forced to give up the hobby. About a year ago my interest in the world of RC was rekindled by an older gentleman who has been flying for more than 50 years. Since then I have procured a Wing Dragon, A Sky Surfer and a Radian, (love that Radian). Now I am ready to step up a bit to a 4 to 5 channel powered glider. To that end I have been considering the Super Sky Surfer and the Diamond 2500. If anyone has an opinion on either or both of these craft please share it with me.

There has been a lot of changes in the hobby in the past 50 years. I have been fortunate to come across Tony's videos and Rc-Help site which have help to bring me up to date.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Thanks for joining up on the forum, I hope you enjoy the stay. I have been hearing a lot about that Radian but know nothing about it lmao. I guess I need to start reading. I actually don't have any opinion on any of the planes as I don't know anything about them. But there are quite a few plane guys on here that can help.

I have been meaning to do more plane videos and articles, I just never got around to it and got busy with other things.

As for changing in 50 years, lmao, it's changed more in the last 10 years than I can EVER remember. Now, when you buy something, it's out dated by the time you get home, just like a computer lol. But it's a fun hobby! Hope to see some pictures and videos of your toys soon.

Whirlybird

Welcome "Grandpa" :hdbng:

40 years ago I scratch built my first helicopter and assembled my Heathkit RC gear . . . a lot HAS changed , , , especially in price :)

Lee

Welcome.
The radion is a really nice glider. Once i get finished with my latest project, a glider is next on the list. My first ever RC plane 25 years ago was a balsa hand launch glider that i customised by putting the radio gear from my RC car into. I had no idea what i was doing, but it did fly, sort of, for a few minutes before i crashed it and it ended up in my dads loft. I think it is still there to this day :D
Lets see some pictures of your toys. We thrive on pics and videos.
Cheers Lee

BOKI

Hi grandpayeehaha; Welcome to to our site lots of people to help you here! I have only helicopters but wish I had a nice glider! THE Best!

Top Bottom