General Post Your Ground Station

Tony

Staff member
I thought it would be fun to have everyone post up their ground station they use. I know some only use the built in VRX in goggles, but there are a lot that have actual ground stations for the best video performance. So post up.

Here is mine. It's no where near completed but I needed to get something tossed together quickly so that I can shoot a video or 3. And this is what I came up with. All it is is an old tripod, a piece of acrylic that I drilled a 1/4" hole in to mount to the tripod, then my VRX (there is two, but the silver one is there for a comparison. More in a video) and then there is the piece on the lower left of the acrylic that I use to send a video signal to my computer. The wires on the right are unwound and run to my cheap-ass goggles (they do work, but they are starting to suck).

I was going to mount the battery on the acrylic, but I could not find my velcro. So I just stuck it to the tripod. Seems to work fine right there. As for the wiring to get it to work, yea, we are not going to talk about that... There is some serious hacking going on here lol. And don't worry about the antennas. Those are for a video and I do not use them all the time. Just for testing.

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

Tasajara

Here is my ImmersionRC - Duo5800 Diversity Setup. All LHCP antennas, VAS - 5.8 GHZ Air - Blade Single (LHCP) and a VAS - 5.8 GHz Pepperbox LHCP
I like to keep in small and clean so it will fit in my field box.

ground station.jpg

ground station.jpg

Top Bottom