General Possible bent main shaft

Tony

Staff member
I know the feeling haha. Thought about tearing apart my dominator to start another 'build' but yea, not going to happen...

bigone5500

Ok. I took the shaft out and rolled it on the glass pane. I did this several times and viewed it from different angles. I could not see any wobble and think the shaft is ok. However, I think I may go ahead and buy more shafts anyway and get rid of the doubt. If I weren't so busy this week I would call horizon hobby and see what they say about the issue. I still have concerns about the main gear not being straight.

I'm currently at a loss.

Tony, if it's not any trouble, on your next live stream could you demonstrate checking shaft straightness so I can see if I'm doing it right? My shaft has a larger diameter in the middle so I can't put the whole thing on the glass, just one side at a time.

Tony

Staff member
I can definitely do that. What is a good time for you?

And I have just the shaft. Most of the new Align shafts have a knurl in the middle.

Try this, try lowering all 3 pots. Maybe turn them counter clockwise until facing 9 and 3, or straight across.

bigone5500

I can definitely do that. What is a good time for you?

And I have just the shaft. Most of the new Align shafts have a knurl in the middle.

Try this, try lowering all 3 pots. Maybe turn them counter clockwise until facing 9 and 3, or straight across.
Maybe saturday. Well, late friday evening may be ok too. You just let me know when a live stream will happen and I'll make time. You da boss!

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking about trying to do them every day, but highly doubt I will be able to keep that up.

Smoggie

Looking at the videos, I'm not really seeing anything to be concerned about. it's quite normal for flybarless heli to be a bit 'fidgety' when on the ground. What tends to make the fidgeting worse on the ground is using negative pitch, it's best to get the heli light on it's skids as soon as possible.

Top Bottom