General Possible bent main shaft

bigone5500

Just take it slow and only go up about a foot to see what it does.

At $75 (last crash), my heart rate will be astronomical. I can fly and hover a Trex 700 on RealFlight pretty good but in the real world things are always different.

bigone5500

Winds will be at 2 to 3 Mph tomorrow morning so I will wait till then. They are at 5 Mph right now but with this thing acting squirrely less is better.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
When it doubt don't take it out Lol. The old saying, "Just one more flight" seems to get me all the time. If I don't feel like flying or feel uncomfortable with the flying condition or area, I just put my heli away in order to fly another day! :)

bigone5500

I plan to test it out tomorrow. Is it safe to give my lipo a half charge? I think I read that this is bad practice.

Tony

Staff member
It is bad practice but won't hurt to do it once or twice. Just don't make it a habbit. With that said though, it is stated that if you charge your cells to 4.0 to 4.1 volts per cell vs 4.2 which is what most go to, you will almost double your cycles in the battery. But yea, it won't hurt to half charge it.

bigone5500

I took this thing out today and had full intentions of putting it in the air. The shaking is still there and in spite of that, I gave it a small hop up into the air and brought it back down. It almost flipped over. I took another video of it, this time concentrating on the swash and the tail. Notice the elevator which has already been identified as elevator shake. Also note the tail linkage, could this be caused from the elevator shake? I'll be taking this thing to the guy I bought it from at Hobby Town and see what he can do with it. He's pretty good with helis.

Tony

Staff member
Where are your pots turned on your BX? At what position is the line?And I did see your tail linkage rod moving too in this one, have you tried spooling it up without blades on it? You may have a vibration causing all of this.

bigone5500

Where are your pots turned on your BX? At what position is the line?And I did see your tail linkage rod moving too in this one, have you tried spooling it up without blades on it? You may have a vibration causing all of this.

I have tried spooling it up without the blades. Nothing like what you see in these videos. I think the blades are to blame and they are new.

I will post a photo of the Rx pot positions later. I will also take a video of it without blades.

Tony

Staff member
I would definitely do that. And last question, have you pulled out the shafts to see if they are bent? Can't remember, been a long couple of days here lol.

Tony

Staff member
It is, thanks for that. That is right where I run mine and I have never turned them lol. But on a smaller bird, you may need to turn them down slightly. I just can't remember what one is what.

bigone5500

I referred back to a video I did of my first flight with this heli. There is no wiggle waggle going on so I think the shaft is probably to blame. I did the balance of the main blades and they were just fine.

I also took the main blades and tail blades off to see what it would do. I focused on the center of the head and there is not one bit of out of center rotation. Maybe I'm missing something but my way of thinking is if the center threaded hole doesn't spin off center, then the shaft must not be bent...

Tony

Staff member
At very high RPM, it is very hard to notice if it is out. And that is not the most reliable way to check the shaft. I know you don't want to pull it, but rolling it is the best way. You need to check the feathering shaft as well if you have not done so already.

Top Bottom