Please use a suitable landing pad when flying RC Helicopters

Lee

I saw a video of a guy doing a maiden with his new 700 trex on a tarpaulin. You can guess what happened. One gift wrapped and broken 700 :D LOL

Derek

In the video that I posted..I just don't understand why he had the carpet down to begin with. That ground was just dirt with a bit of grass.

anyway..i thought i would share this.

Please save our heli's and dont use carpet as a landing pad.

heli-maniac

the point is so it dose not suck dirt up on to the heli with the neg. pitch on spool up is what i would think
most likely when on TH and drop the stick putting full neg. in the blades

Last edited:

Graham Lawrie

Brains of a flatfish comes to my mind!! Obviously never heard of Alladin and his flying carpet!! I dont believe in commonsense, but come on, how can someone have the know how to fly a heli on a windy day and not think that this would happen??

Derek

I saw a video of a guy doing a maiden with his new 700 trex on a tarpaulin. You can guess what happened. One gift wrapped and broken 700 :D LOL

...one gift wrapped and broken 700....that's very unfortunate, but because it wasn't mine....it's kind of a funny mental picture, lol

- - - Updated - - -

the point is so it dose not suck dirt up on to the heli with the neg. pitch on spool up is what i would think
most likely when on TH and drop the stick putting full neg. in the blades

ok...I can surely understand not wanting the blades to suck up dirt or debris...but why carpeting. Plywood or just anything rigid.

Westy

LEGEND
I have a Real Estate Sign (Corflute) with a Big............. H ........... painted on it (you know .... so we all know it is a heli pad haha). I use 4 tent floor pegs to hold it down ( 1 pierced in each corner).

I used this back in the day. to teach myself to hover and hold it within 2 feet radius of the heli pad. This was great for having a reference point to gauge how far off you were drifting. It takes a lot of concentration and discipline to hold it there and your skills will dramatically improved everytime you say to yourself.... that is not good enough .... land it (where ever it ended up), reposition it on the H Pad and do it again ... and again until you got it sorted.

Amazing how sore you concentration temporal lobes get when yo uare torturing yourself in this way .... but what a rush when you got is sorted and you know it! - Rewards peoples rewards!!!!

Cheers
Westy

Top Bottom