General Please help im a newbie

I'm setting up a thunder tiger raptor 50 and I have all the servos mounted and the arms balanced. When I.connect.the.alieron push rods the servo makes a noise like.its binding. How do I fix it it only.does it when.I.connect the.pushrods I have a dx6i and I tried the travel adjustments but it didn't work. Thanks for the help

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
Is the server just making a bit of a "twitching" sound? What happens if you manually move the control rod a bit with your hand (while it is making the noise, of course)?

If I take the servo arm off it quits but when I put the servo arm.back on and the push rods it still does it. It moves left more than right as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry yes its like a twitching sound. I'm new to this forms lol.

murankar

Staff member
I don't know the futaba brand, but if they are digital then they will have some chatter, if they are analog you may have some chatter just not nearly as much as digital.

I am thinking it may not be the servo. If it goes away when links are disconnected and comes back when links are connected; I think it might be what ever the links connect to. Does everything move smoothly, is there any binding anywhere?

Tony

Staff member
Your other thread has been deleted. Please only post one question in the correct section. The lounge is not the correct section.

I'm sorry tony I'm new to these forms and I didn't know how to delete them lol. Yes munakar everything moves smoothly no binding I'm guessing that's just the nature of the servos and I was freaking out lol. Another question I'm wanting to make sure but when I move the throttle up my pitch should move up correct. I think if the pitch goes up I get positive pitch and if my pitch arm goes down I get negative correct. I really appreciate the help guys.

murankar

Staff member
For the most part that is true. Most helis if you throttle up the swash moves up which results in positive pitch. On the other hand some helis are reverse of that, throttle up swash down results in positive pitch. You will need to read the manual to find out what type you have, post a video or some pics of your setup. I cant tell the difference but folks on here can so go ahead and post.

I'll post a video murankar another quick question when I set my swash type do I set it as ccpm 120 degrees or one servo 90 degrees cause I watched Tony's video on setting it up but I'm not for sure if I'm right or not but I have a desperate servo.for everything for example I have a pitch servo just for pitch my throttle servo.is just for throttle ect.

murankar

Staff member
I just did a quick google on the images of a raptor 50, it looks like it would be a 120 degree or 140 degree. Leaning towards a 120 degree not positive. Someone will chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

Another quick question my blades pitch but my fly bar doesn't pitch is that right everything is tight on my fly bar. I'm trying to set the pitch of my blades also if the blades point down is that positive or negative pitch it may be a stupid question but I'm still nervous about getting something screwed up lol.

Lee

Hi HF,
With the pitch of your blades think of it like a fan. When you turn the blades where do they push the air? Up? or Down? Leading edge of the blades pointing down is negative, pointing up, positive.
Whats the name of your servos?
Everything moving in the head should be smooth as silk.
The best bet if you want more advice is to video the head and the movements and we can solve the problem in very short time.

Tony

Staff member
when you move your collective, the flybar shouldn't pitch, but when you move the cyclic, your flybar will pitch depending on what cyclic input you put in and where your flybar is in relation to the helicopter.

OK I'll try to get a video posted for you guys but I think my pitch is correct just have to get the pitch adjustments to the correct pitch. Another problem I have is my throttle push rod is binding against my throttle barrel on my engine no matter how I put it. I think my throttle barrel is to high cause full throttle is almost at 90 degrees straight up. How can I adjust the throttle barrel without messing up the mixture screw in the barrel. I really appreciate you guys you have helped me out so much.

Tony

Staff member
That we will need a picture of. When you are at half throttle, the linkage on the carb should be at 90º to the servo linkage. That way there is the same amount of throw each way. As for the "binding against the throttle barrel", I will need to see a pic or video to know what you are talking about.

I got everything figured out guys thanks to you but one thing. When I lift up my tail spins out of control to the right if the tail is facing me. Idk how to fix that thank you guys

Lee

Make sure when you give rudder input the leading edge of the blades point in the opposite direction. So Left stick makes the tail blades look like this, \ when looking down from above. And right gives / looking down. If this is correct, then the next thing is to check the gyro compensation.
Push the tail by hand to the right, the blades should counter act this push by adjusting the blades. So push right leading edge of blade points left and vice versa. Once this is right then you should be set as long as you have mechanically set up the tail before hand.
Hope this helps.

Another quick question my pitch was backwards like my pitch arm would go up but give me negative and positive down. I reversed that servo now the collective pitch arm goes down to give me positive and up to give me negative. Will that hurt anything or is that supposed to be like that.

- - - Updated - - -

It was backwards with the throttle I explained that horribly and I apologize. When I gave it throttle up it the arm would go up and give me negative it wouldn't even.leave the ground. Now when I throttle up it goes down to give me positive pitch. Is that how its supposed to be lol.

Top Bottom