450 Please help 3GX problem

Pauljones1

Trex 450 3GX help please

Hi,

Spent hours with this today and have a problem

This is the problem

When in dir mode I get cyclic pitch to 8 degrees with swash mix and finish of all the setting brilliant but when in normal mode I get like 13 degrees of cyclic pitch not the 8 that was in dir mode.

The only way I can reduce it back to 8 is by either swash mix which I see you should not do after dir.
Or by reducing travel limit in software to 10 from 70 wow seems alot.

Am I missing something

I have read a few things saying set 8 in dir and 12 in normal flight mode is 12 alot

Many thanks in advance

Thanks

Paul

Tony

Staff member
Hey Paul, Welcome.

I'm not sure why it's doing that. You should have 8º pitch on elevator and aileron and 10-12º on collective. Both positive and negative. I will try to do it this weekend unless someone on here beats me to it, but I will try to fire up my heli and see if I'm getting the same thing. What version are you on? I'm on 3.0.

Tony

Staff member
Have you done your endpoint setup yet on the aileron and elevator? If not, do that and then redo the DIR setup.

Pauljones1

Only thing I have done is 8 degrees in dir mode not touched software I thought you did travel limits on software after dir

Lee

I'm not familiar with the 3GX, and i hope i'm not telling you something you already know. But Cyclic pitch and collective pitch are different things. When you are talking about cyclic pitch its normally to do with the angle of the swash plate. And collective pitch is the angle of the blades. So are you saying 8º is the cyclic pitch and 13º is the blade pitch?
In my BeastX you set Cyclic pitch to 6º and the collective pitch is 12º
Hope this makes sense
Lee

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
not saying that you dont know this, but when you measured the cyclic pitch in normal mode were you on zero collective pitch at no cyclic input. ? (Just wondering)

The like tony said, what are your collective endpoints.. shouldnt be any more than +-12 degrees.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
How did you make these cyclic pitch measurements? Are the rotor blades where they should be?

Westy

LEGEND
hi there.

Perhaps you have done the Cyclic checks incorrectly?

Were you at mid stick (Collective without throttle hold - incase your hold curve is upsetting things) to do this?

you can reduce and increase the cyclic ELE and AIL travel limits in Flight mode in the 3GX. Simply wait till it initialises and sets itself into normal mode and press the rudder stick to the left or right and Press the setup button on hte 3GX ... the first mode to set is the cyclic speed adjustment (how fast the servos move to speed up rolls and flips). press button again and you are in Ele travel limit setting mode, so on an so forth ....

I am sure you already know this so I will bow out now Lol... :hopelessness:

Top Bottom