Please Clear Your Cookies

Tony

Staff member
With all of the people on the forum that have been looking into the issue that I was having, it was noted that I didn't have my cookies set correctly. It was set for one domain, not multiple. Since I want members to access the forum with or without the "www" and still stay logged in, I had to change my cookie settings.

Please clear your cookies from your computer so that you will get the updated one installed.

And for those that were wondering what was wrong with the forum, it was a static html page that should have made no difference. once I removed it, the issues went away. I'm still testing to find out why this happened. But so far, the forum is back to normal. I'm thinking it was a bad hook or something.

RandyDSok

Well... It seems you may have a new issue then....

I logged out on Chrome and IE10 ( Win8 ) and it isn't logging me out...

RandyDSok

I had forgotten I had both my Netbook with Windows 7 and my Android Bionic ( w/ Jelly Bean ) here that I could test with...

Win7 on IE10... it doesn't log out/clear cookies... on Chrome it works as it should

On the Android, I only tested on Chrome and it worked thought it started to look as it hadn't until I refreshed ( probably still had a cached copy )

I can test on XP on Monday when I'm at work...

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, a saved cookie in the temp folder will cache the old settings. Logging out and back in wont' get rid of it. But, I'm telling you this and you already know this lmao. So far, everything is looking okay on my end. Getting ready to look into creating more custom pages so that I can get rid of that store. I will look into the issues that you posted above and see what I can come up with.

RandyDSok

Dang Tony... didn't expect to see you so early... oooh... guess it's later than I thought.

I'll leave my cookies alone in case you need someone to test... I know I can manually delete them etc anytime and I don't see this as a major issue either

Lee

Getting this blank page every time i try to alter something in my profile and save it.

Screen Shot 2013-06-14 at 21.48.08.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-06-14 at 21.48.08.jpg

Lee

Ok found where to clear out cookies and it seems to have fixed my issue.

Tony

Staff member
I was just about to reply to your PM. If you see the "code=" or "?code" then a string of random letters and numbers, then there is still a cookie saved on your computer that is cached and causing the issues. Logging out will not always clear the cookie, but deleting them on your computer will do the trick. You a mac guy, and I have no idea how to clear those out, but looks like you got it.

Tony

Staff member
What a pain in the ass. I had to delete the cookies and cache 3 times just to get logged onto the forum lmao. One friggin file caused all of this and I still don't know how. :damnit:

Gotta love when things don't go right lol.

Top Bottom