FBL Gyro Please can anyone help me with Tarot ZYX 3 Axis gyro using Spektrum DX6i transmitter

mirrorcarp27

Hi I am new to this hobby and I need help I have started to build my Tarot 450 pro V2 FBL kit helicopter and I need some help I am trying to level the swashplate but having problems. I am using the Tarot ZYX 3 Axis FBL gyro controller I have already set up my Spektrum DX6i using the software with USB to Laptop for the gyro. When my transmitter is at mid stick the swashplate is level. I also have a swashplate levelling tool that sits on top of the swashplate. This is the problem when I move my transmitter throttle stick to the high position the level tool is not sitting on channel 3 (this is the back one where the Anti rotation bracket sits) I can see a little gap. Next I take the throttle stick to low position and this time channel 1 and 2 (the front ones left and right) are not sitting on the swashplate level tool I can see a gap on both points how do I fix this so when I move the transmitter stick up and down the swashplate stays level all of the time thanks for your help

Regards

Scott

Tony

Staff member
Re: Please can anyone help me with Tarot ZYX 3 Axis gyro using Spektrum DX6i transmit

Usually it will be opposite of this. Full throttle will result in tipping the swash forward. Make sure your directions are correct with teh stick, as well as gyro corrections. I suspect something is backwards.

However, this is what is known as elevator pitch compensation. Because of how long the tail is, when you do a hard pitch pump, the tail lags behind causing it to drop when going straight up. Thus the gyro will add in some up elevator to compensate. Hope this helps.

Lee

Re: Please can anyone help me with Tarot ZYX 3 Axis gyro using Spektrum DX6i transmit

If the elevator servo is moving just slightly more or less than the others, then its probably the travel limits of that servo are different to the other two.
This is common, and can be adjusted by altering the travel limits for that servo to even them out.
You said that at high stick its lower and at low stick its higher. So this means the travel limit is less than the others.

Altering Travel limits in the radio can have a detrimental effect on some FBL units, as everything should be equal it to work properly.
So you should try to adjust the Travel limits in the FBL software, not the radio
"Having done some more research, it seems on the ZYX, you can use radio Travel limits to adjust this."

So go into your Travel limits menu on your radio, and + or - to get the servo to work the same as the other two.

Last edited:

mirrorcarp27

If the elevator servo is moving just slightly more or less than the others, then its probably the travel limits of that servo are different to the other two.
This is common, and can be adjusted by altering the travel limits for that servo to even them out.
You said that at high stick its lower and at low stick its higher. So this means the travel limit is less than the others.

Altering Travel limits in the radio can have a detrimental effect on some FBL units, as everything should be equal it to work properly.
So you should try to adjust the Travel limits in the FBL software, not the radio
"Having done some more research, it seems on the ZYX, you can use radio Travel limits to adjust this."

So go into your Travel limits menu on your radio, and + or - to get the servo to work the same as the other two.

Lee I have already tried to adjust the travel limits in the Spektrum DX6i and the servos will not move when I + or - the value what I have notice when I move the travel limits on the TX this changes on the first setup screen where you set your tx up . On the first set up screen using the software you have to set up your tx so the Throttle/Rudder/Aileron/Elevator are 100% going up/down/left/right when you move the stick in that direction. I have looked at the software and I can't seem to find anywhere I can change the servo limits so I'm stuck.

Scott

Top Bottom