Planetgetlow

I'm a tad bit late to post here but hey, here it goes. My username is PLANETGETLOW. It is derived from my passion of cars. I started in the helicopter scene in the early to late nineties with the shuttle Z Nitro being my first helicopter I then bought thee Raptor 30 as I progressed in the forward fight fast forward fly and knowing orientations.

I took about 10 to 15 years off of The Hobby and coming back to it it's amazing how much the technology has progressed so I started with smaller micro helicopters to help me move into the more advanced 3D maneuvers.

My fleet now consits of a handful of Blade Nanos, Walkera VD0120S (Which is for sale), Blade 230, Blade 450 (which is for sale), Trex 250, and now a Trex 500.

I'm about to ditch the micro helicopters and start flying the blade 230's I believe it has the power and maneuverability to what I'm looking for. Once I'm very comfortable with the blade 230's I will transition to the T-Rex 250 and eventually the T-Rex 500. At this point in time I want to really understand the mechanical an electrical part of the T-Rex 500 until I begin to fly it.

I want to thank Toni for posting his YouTube videos which has led me to this website. For now I'll post some pictures of what my passion is and how my username is derived.

- - - Updated - - -

I can also be found on various car and bodybuilding sites. Currently a moderator on bodybuilding.com and layitlow.com

- - - Updated - - -

Some pics

View attachment 16173View attachment 16174View attachment 16175View attachment 16176View attachment 16177View attachment 16178View attachment 16179View attachment 16180View attachment 16181View attachment 16182View attachment 16183

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the big pics!!

trainrider06

Your a man of my same spirit! Sweet cars and trucks! Love the Impala's, and that truck! That truck I want it!!! Give it to me now!!! LOL I love those old 70's and below models of cars and trucks!
I would love to have around a 70-72 long bed stock Chevrolet truck! As well a 69 427 Corvette, shoot while I'm at it 66 Chevelle, Nova, 69 Nova....Oh I got a list! LOL
Well Howdy Planet! Nice to meet you! Welcome back to the hobby also!

That 72 Chevy was my grandpas truck. Its been in the family for about 35 years. I've spent most of my adolescent summers traveling to and from Canada in it. Flipped the speedo 3 times. Before he passed he offered to let me have it and i told him to give it to my son and we would work on it together, for various reasons but mainly so he could fix his own stuff. Kids these days know very little about cars.

Heres a pic of him starting work on it, we stripped and shaved most of the handles and lights. Bagged it, stereo, interior, etc. Left the motor stock because eventually it will get a crate motor. The stock engine has been rebuilt 3 times due to him driving it.

After we restored it we drove it over for him to see it. I remember and will never forget him dragging his oxygen tank and hose about 50' through the house to see it. He wanted to sit back behind the wheel so i lifted him in it and went around and sat shotgun. I knew it would be the last time because we relocated fro MN to AZ. The look on his face, the stories we talked about were priceless. At the moment i dont plan on selling it and i buy and sell ALOT of vehicles. But someday we will sell it to fund a downpayment on my sons house. My grandpa would approve of that.

View attachment 16188View attachment 16187View attachment 16186

trainrider06

Heck I liked the truck unrestored, but it turned out beautifully! I don't know if I'd sell it or not, but that's a good idea to give the son a leg up for sure! Housing ain't cheap!
Great story man, love to hear of history of families and such!
Yes your right, these kids nowadays...given structure they have a chance, none they have a very very hard time dealing with the bumps in the road.

KLA

Rodney is right, you got some kick ass cars and trucks. And you both are right about kids these days don't wanna do nothing for themselves anymore. I, for one, have never paid anyone to do any work on any of my cars, except of course state inspection or front end alignment or something like that which I'm not able to do. That's great that your son was doing some work on the truck himself.

But, anyway, welcome back to the hobby and welcome to RCHelp.

Top Bottom