planeADD new member intro

planeADD

Hey there guys. It seems an introduction is in order.

The Foamboard trainer plans brought me to the site but the store is empty.
Maybe this should be an into and help post.

It would be wicked to start the plane this weekend but I can't seem to download the plans.
If I can get a hold of the plans maybe i'll come out of my lurker shell and post some pics.

Any help or well wishes are appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
Hey PlaneADD, welcome to RCH. I do apologize about the store. I was working on the server last night, and for some reason, it changed some permissions. I have corrected these issues and if you get a 404 Forbidden error anywhere on the site, let me know and I will get on it right away. You can either to to the store tab at the top of the forum, or you can go to Rc-Help!, Your Rc Information Source and get the plans that way.

If there is anything that we can help with, just let us know. I have been meaning to get the original RCH Trainer out, but can't fly when it's dark lol.

:welcome1:

planeADD

NP sir.

I have the plans now and I'm super excited.

I guess the interwebs were too slow for my lack of patience.
Looks like the username I picked fits just right.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Too slow? Nah, it was a server issue. I tried to go into it and it wouldn't even let me. That is when I noticed that I had the wrong permissions set on the folder for the store. As you posted in the OP, I hope to see pics all along the build and a video of the maiden. And again, any help, just ask. It's a great plane for a first time pilot or someone that is just looking for something easy to fly.

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE!!! wow all this hype about the rch trainer WELL DANGIT NOW I AM GONNA HAVE TO DOWNLOAD AND BUILD IT.... LOL GOT SERVOS and thinking of buying wydiablos motors he selling.. after that think i got a spare orange rx and plenty of leds for night flying...lol :p just need a esc then i be golden....

Tony

Staff member
You really should. It's a great plane to have around when you just want to go out and fly something, but not have to think much about it. Very stable once you get it setup and get the CoG correct.

wolfman76

already downloaded my friend thinking bout getting some pink fan fold foam at menard or home depot maybe check lowes too

Tony

Staff member
For what reason? If you are going to use that for anything other than the fuse, you will need to use some pretty thick carbon spars in the wing and elevator. Maybe even the rudder to keep them from folding in flight.

BOKI

planeADD;I have the plans but haven't got any of the foam board yet or parts! Don't know how thick the foam board is suppose to be ! ? Welcome to the site! The Best!

BOKI

Hey Tony Thanks for answering me on the foam board! Forgot what size carbon wing spars & where should I buy all the servos & motor & is there a landing gear? The Best Dave

Tony

Staff member
Lets stop jacking this thread. I will post some links with some info.

This thread is when I brought back the old trainer. First post has some info on the electronics.
Rc-Help Trainer IS BACK!!!

Here is the maiden flight of the very first trainer I built. Not very stable at first, and the motor was way too small.
Rc-Help's New Trainer Plane

Any other questions on the Trainer, please either create your own thread, or post it in one of the trainer threads.

Top Bottom