450 Pitch & pitch curve's

I hope that I have this in the right spot in the forum.
I need some help understanding pitch curve. I .....know what pitch is.....I know what pitch does. This topic has confused me since i got into heli rc's.I have watch video's on youtube and search'd the net to try and figure it out.
This is going to be a three part question, and i hope that I type this in a way that anyone that reads it understands what i need to figure out.

WANTING MORE LIFT (I.E 2% POSSITIVE PITCH)(example)

Tony's video's I know that when setting up and calabrating the swashplate and all the parts in the rotor head area, needs to be level for a 0 pitch setting.Should i set it to a +2 pitch while calabrating.Do I just have to set up the +2% pitch on the heli itself?

2) On the controller itself (DX6i) the pit settings are as follows:
0%thu = 0% pitch (default)
25%thu = 25% pitch (default)
50%thu = 50% pitch (default)
75%thu = 75% pitch (default)
100%thu =100% pitch (default)
How would i set up the controller to do a +2 pitch for example all the way from 0 thru to 100% thru

3) the final part of this question is , ....To set up the pitch do i need to set it on the heli only?do I need to set it up on the transmitter only? or do i need to set it up on both heli and transmitter?IF both ...how?

Tony

Staff member
You will always setup the heli in the same manner as I show on my videos. The links need to be correct, and you need to be able to hit the exact same pitch positive and negative in idle up.

Then, after it's setup, you can adjust your pitch curve to suit your needs. It sounds to me like you are wanting to fly a collective pitch as a fixed pitch. This will cause the heli to be more unstable in the wind, but to each his own. To set 2%, I'm not sure what the number would be. But, if you have 10º of pitch, then 1º is 10%. So you are wanting 2/10ths or a degree? That may make the heli light on the skids, but it's not going to fly. But, for instructional purposes, here is how you do it.

The way you would do this if you had a total of 10º of pitch is to set your pitch curve to 2% all the way across the board in all 5 spots. Given that the DX6i uses a scale from 0-100, 2 is going to give you 2%. If you want 2º, then set it to 20 across the board.

I do have some other suggestions. Follow my instructions on pitch and throttle curves. You have both in a linear fashion, and it's pretty abrupt. If you cut the throttle, you are going to be pushing the heli quite hard into the ground. In normal mode, the lowest you should go is 45. My pitch curve is 45 47.5 50 75 100. This will provide a very slight amount of negative pitch at low stick.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom